2. Lose five pounds this month. I lost three pounds and progress is progress so I'm calling it a win.
3. Do a morning devotional every morning. Check! I have actually started craving this time with the Lord and enjoying it. I'm getting so much out of it. God is really stretching me. He is convicting me to stop worrying and to fully trust Him. It's not just a one time decision. Learning to trust Him and give Him full control is a daily, hourly battle. It's capturing my negative thoughts. My worries. My fears. And giving them to God and not letting myself stress and worry and get anxious.
4. Follow Jillian Michael's Body Revolution workout and meal plan. I am still following the videos religiously and actually enjoying them more than I ever have. I can tell I'm getting stronger and leaner. Before and after pictures are everything. I take them at least once a month and I'm already noticing a big difference which is encouraging. I'm not following the meal plan as much as I thought I would. The meals include a lot of fish and I am just not a fan of fish. I should at least try one recipe from her though.
5. Read 3 books this month. This was a fail unless reading Cook and Enjoy and Better Homes and Garden counts because that is all I've read this month. The library is renovating so everything is out of place so it's hard to find books and most of the ones on my list have been checked out. I'm also going to blame the kitchen reno taking a lot of my time this month. My girlfriend is letting me borrow a few weeks so I'll be back in my groove for next month.
8. Be the kind of person who does what they say and means what they say. Check! Anytime G and I would starting saying we should do something we would immediately decide on a game plan to do it. We talked about missing our old small group so we discussed a few dates that would work to have them over and sent an invite. We talked about how much we loved doing our kitchen, but would love to be somewhere warm next February so we started to budget and plan and start slowly adding to our vacation budget to make that happen.
9. Spending freeze. Check! All we bought were groceries and a few takeout meals this month. If we did order takeout we either had a gift card, a coupon or could justify it because we could get 4 or 5 meals out of it (i.e. pizza, Chinese, etc). We cooked a ton this month. Didn't buy anything frivolously. (This one was tough because Bath and Body Works sent about a thousand emails on candle deals. The struggle is REAL. But I stayed strong!) Only ate out on our anniversary (with a coupon)! It was a good month and we were able to build up our savings again.