Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Life Lately: Week 37

 This is what the past week looked like.

Epic spinach and feta croissant from Small Batch.

Manny has healed so well.

Cheers to a much needed girls night and closing down the bar.

Taco Tuesday.

A beautiful morning, but still hate seeing the heat leave the lake.

Supplier lunch at New Holland Brewpub.

BC Farmer's Market.

Pesto Chicken pizza.

I was in a meeting when I heard a loud crack and I looked out the office window and saw a branch (or what I thought was a branch at the time) fall.

We just had the tree trimmed a month ago and the tree was healthy so I truly thought it was just a small branch that fell and texted G to have our tree guy back out.

It wasn't until my neighbor called and texted pictures (I was still in a meeting) that I realized this was worse than I thought so I went to assess the damage.

YIKES. 

Luckily we were able to file a claim, get quotes and have the tree removed pretty quickly because the tree leaning on the house was stressing me out.

After a day like that it was a burger and tequila night.

Sister, sister.

My forever +1.

The best parents.

We all checked into the hotel and took the shuttle to my cousin's wedding.

We clean up good.

Put your right foot in, 

Cheers to a fun family wedding.

My best guy.

Mirror selfie.


After the sweet ceremony we grabbed a drink and an appetizer and sat outside.

See also: it was the most beautiful day for a wedding!

That is a heavy pour of wine, ha! 



BBQ.

The newlyweds. 

I always cry during the father/daughter dance.

Love her.

My parents almost won the wedding dance - married 42 years!

We could only get our guys out during the slow songs.

Jess and I danced our faces off.

As we waited for the shuttle G grabbed a chair for Jess, but then he jokingly took her seat so she sat in his lap. :)

Brad and I in the photo booth. 

Take two with Jess.

On the way back to the hotel after the BEST night.

Shuttle cuddle!

Sparty spotting.

The next morning we all ate breakfast together at the hotel and it was a pretty great breakfast for a hotel and then headed to Horrocks.

Horrocks pizza is legit.

The tree is off the house, hallelujah! 

What a week!

Good reminder.

This is so true.

I hold the kind words so close to my heart.

It would be a way cooler text.

Accurate.

I have noticed this!

It's funny because it's true.

I would love that kind of work/life balance.


Bahaha.

For more life lately:

Week 37 of 2019

Week 37 of 2020

Week 37 of 2021

Week 37 of 2022 Part 1 and Part 2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that tree!! Maybe you can replace your deck with that trex stuff for less maintenance going forward? We have a menards brand and love it :)