Friday, April 28, 2023

Life Lately: Week 16 (Part 1)

 This is what the past week looked like.

I was floating on Saturday and walking Manny in a t-shirt and joggers Sunday...

By Monday I was bundled up and it was snowing.

What the heck, Michigan?

Veggie burger sandwich with Laughing Cow cheese and arugula for lunch.

Just keep swimming.

Laughing cow cheese on half an everything bagel and one egg is a favorite breakfast around here and I've got G hooked on it too.

The cocktails at Waco are LEGIT.

I'm still thinking about the trout dip.

My salmon burger with fry sauce was epic.

Waco is now my new fave BC restaurant. 

I brought quiche from a local bakery for my mom and I before she dropped me off at the airport.

I love the DTW tunnel.

Delta is my preferred airline, what is yours?

This has never happened before!

I had my very own row on the plane and it was glorious. 

Welcome to Des Moines, Iowa. 

I checked into my rooms and did a little work.

I met my coworker and supplier in the hotel lobby for happy hour.

We headed downtown to Django for the most delightful meal.

The poutine doesn't look appetizing, but it was INCREDIBLE.

So were the brussels.

My scallops with lobster butter mashed potatoes were the best part of the meal though. 

So. Delicious.

We got a few desserts and this was the prettiest, but the best dessert (not pictured) was the crème brûlée

As we were getting in the car I exclaimed it was the best crème brûlée I've ever had and all four in the group started talking about the consistency being too soft.

It's tough going out to eat with food designers, ha! :) 

Downtown at night.

The park looks different at night.

This picture doesn't do it justice, but the clouds were so dark and scary and seemed to create a wall around us.

We saw so many baby cows in Iowa.

This gyro with sweet potato fries were so good.

Headed home.

My parents picked me up from the airport and we went out to dinner at Bahama Breeze.

The mahi mahi tacos with rice and beans was so flavorful. 

We went back to my parents' house for a glass of wine and watched 80 for Brady which was cheesy, but so cute.

On my walk with Manny we spotted deer.

I loved the writing; especially the beginning part about swimming.

Fave quote:

"The shock of the water - there is nothing like it on land. The cool clear liquid flowing over every inch of your skin. The temporary reprieve from gravity. The miracle of your buoyancy as you glide, unhindered, across the glossy blue surface of the pool. It's just life flying. The pure pleasure of being in motion. The dissipation of all want. I'm free. You are suddenly aloft. Adrift. Ecstatic. Euphoric. In a rapturous and trancelike state of bliss. And if you swim for long enough you no longer know where your own body ends and the water begins and there is no boundary between you and the world. It's nirvana."

Friday night vibes.

This is getting long so stay tuned for part 2!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Swimmers book was unlike any writing style I’d ever experienced before. Lacking typical/character development, but it was so interesting the way the story was told. I enjoyed it.