Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Life Lately: Week 26

 This is what the past week looked like.

I went to my parents' house after work on Monday.

We sat on the deck and enjoyed a cranberry vodka tonic.

My mom is so thoughtful and made my very favorite for dinner, zucchini pie!

Meanwhile G texted that Manny missed me, but he looks pretty relaxed to me, ha!

I spent the night at my parents' and my sweet mom drove me to the airport bright and early Tuesday morning.

The sunrise made it worth waking up so early.

I love walking in the DTW tunnel with the lights flashing and Motown music playing.

Meanwhile G was enjoying coffee on the porch.

Off to Iowa for work.

We landed at 9:30 and headed to La Mie for a second breakfast.

The coworker I traveled with was all for trying new restaurants so we passed Panera and Starbucks to try this cute place that had outstanding Yelp reviews.

An hour later I called our hotel and we were able to check in early and work from our hotel rooms for the day.

Meanwhile G was working from home while the plumber came over to fix a leak in the basement.

Cute license plate.

We finished working for the day and went exploring.

A quick Pinterest search of what to do in Des Moines took us to Pappajohn Sculpture Park.

We sipped Slurpees while we wandered around the park.

The statues were so interesting. 

This statue had me laughing because it was titled "Marriage."

What in the world?

Love.

Not everything is black and white.

This sculpture was made out of tree branches!

We ate dinner at Eatery A.

We sat on the rooftop and enjoyed a delicious meal.

My pizza had chicken, grapes (!!), peppadews, goat cheese and greens.

I was hesitant about the grapes, but my server assured me they made the pizza (and she was right).

After dinner we walked the loop around Gray's Lake.

Hollowed tree trunk.

This bridge is long and lights up at night.

It was a beautiful evening and we probably walked about three miles.

We came back to the hotel and I swam laps in the pool before calling it a night.

The next day was spent at a supplier quality audit.

The supplier catered in from a cute deli in town and it was delicious.

Meanwhile my bestie and her fam were in town from Arizona and spent the afternoon at our beach.

The architecture in Des Moines is pretty cool (especially the capitol but it was under construction so I didn't snap a pic).

I was living my best life choosing restaurants for my coworkers and I. 

This night I chose Alba

Doors on the ceiling!

I had the Chilled Melon Soup with curry and it was excellent.

The Yelp reviews raved about the gnocchi (which is why I wanted to go here) and it did not disappoint. 

First time having chicken confit and it was yummy.

I love wall art.

Good bye, Iowa!

I flew back to Detroit on Thursday morning and my parents picked me up.

I took them out to lunch at J Alexander's to thank them and we had a lovely meal together.

G and I met my bestie and her husband for dinner before they flew back to Arizona. 

It was so much fun catching up.

My heart is full.

G and I had a relaxing evening on the porch catching up from the week apart.

Happy July!

G made his famous burgers for dinner Friday night after a little sunset floating.

Fun fact: Our neighbors a few doors down told me they started floating at sunset too because of us. Love it!

Pro Tip: Aldi mayo is the best there ever was.

Happy to have me back home.

When I would FaceTime G I would talk to Manny and he would start looking all over the house for me, oh my heart!

I have an obsession with runny eggs on fries.

I am here for a long holiday weekend, sunny, hot weather and lots of time on the lake.

Dog days of summer.


G grilled brats and veggies for dinner and it hit the spot after a full afternoon relaxing on the lake.

Vanilla skies.

We watched the new Father of the Bride and it was cute...

If you think of it as a standalone movie and don't compare it to the Steve Martin version.

We were treated to lots of fireworks as soon as the sun set.

We went down to the water to see more fireworks and even took a night swim (first of the season!).

Floating is all I wanna do.

Miso Glazed Salmon from P.F. Changs.

We watched King Richard and really enjoyed it.

The acting was so good and the Williams story is just remarkable. 

Now I want to go play tennis!

Yes!

It's important to be aware so social media doesn't rob you of joy.

I try to limit how much social media I take in and I only follow people who inspire me.

It shouldn't take a pandemic, but hopefully it taught us all this important lesson.

Better late than never.


It's really embarrassing for you, lol!

It's so true, right?

It's funny because it's true.

Accurate.


I feel seen.

For more life lately:

Week 26 of 2019

Week 26 of 2020

Week 26 of 2021

No comments: