Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Life Lately: Week 27

 This is what the past week looked like.

On the Fourth of July we spent the day floating and then went on our neighbors' boat for a couple hours. 

We have always waved and made small talk with these neighbors who live across the lake, but they invited us on their boat for the first time.

We got to know them better, laughed, and chatted while we ate cheese and crackers, venison sausage (so good!), and drank rum punch.

We ended our boat ride participating in the boat parade and waving at everyone on shore, so fun!

I have zero pictures of any of the fun because I was living in the moment (and didn't even have my phone with me!).

At the end of the parade the boat in the above picture played The Star-Spangled Banner and we all stood up and put our hands to our hearts.

We cheered after the song was over and it was a really sweet moment.

After a full day on the lake I watched Dear Evan Hansen and didn't like it as much as I thought I would.

I'm obsessed with this song, but overall thought the movie was sad.

After the movie we saw our neighbor was putting on fireworks so we watched the show.

Manny was finally getting some rest after a long weekend of fireworks.

He never used to be afraid of them, but when he turned five or six he became terrified.

It's so heartbreaking to watch because he instantly freezes when he hears them, puts his tail between his legs, and starts shaking.

Sweet summertime. 

Manny and I spotted a deer family on our morning walk.

Peach skies.

Tuesday night I made salsa chicken with Greek yogurt, black beans and avocado. 

The weather has been so perfect for working outside on the porch.

Taco Tuesday on a Wednesday that feels like a Tuesday. 

Ha!

Ball of fire.

Our neighbors that we went on the boat with this week said their favorite restaurant in town was the brewery downtown.

We realized we hadn't been there since 2020 so we picked up takeout and it was delicious.

Summer is my absolute favorite.

Friday night we had our favorite Mexican takeout and G's famous margs with my coworker and her husband.

Sailboat spotting.

Patrón shots is how we start a Friday night.

Cheers!

Sweet selfie.

Lazy Saturday morning.

Beauty in the mundane.

I know I keep saying this, but Aldi's frozen sushi is so good.

Happiest dog (and those floppy ears!).

Tried a new rosé and it was delightful. 

Last week there was a leak in our basement and the plumbers had to tear up the wainscoting to get to it.

We had it repaired this week (and access put in to the spigot) and it looks good as new.

We spent over five hours on the lake and it was magical.

I finished a book while floating.

That's a perfect day if you ask me.

For dinner G made these cucumber bites.

I love a snacky dinner.

My love.

Happy sixth birthday, Bennett!

My mom made his cake and he just loved the cake topper.

The sweetest birthday boy.

My best girl.

We played tennis in the driveway and it made me realize how much I love tennis and want to get back into it.

Bennett was so excited for presents.

Hot dog in a little pool.

My sweet Benny.

My brother smoked pork and there was homemade mac and cheese, yum!

Already put together one of his Lego sets because of course he did.

The wiggle at the end is the cutest.

Ella was having us all play the sweetest game where we have to ask questions to get to know each other better like your favorite historical figure.

Cake time.

As soon as Bennett took his first bite he did a little happy dance, ha!

While in the area we had to stop at Trader Joe's.

See also: will we ever get a Trader Joe's?!

I'm excited to try these!

We also picked up Thai from our very favorite spot.

I finally tried this stuff and see what all the hype is about.

It makes my skin so soft and it smells fantastic. 

Summer reading list.

I've finished the top two books so far and they were fun, light summer reads. 

Follow me on GoodReads to see everything I've read.

What a full and fun summer week and I am so thankful

Happy Birthday, America!

In case you need the reminder.

Yes!

Embrace it all.

Be present because you only get this one life to live.

So thankful for my tribe of strong and supportive women.

Such a great idea.

It really is one of the good things in life.

We are blessed and there is always something to be thankful for.


So good.

100 percent agree.

The best time of year.

Me too!

Awww, I need to do this for Manny next year.

"We must never forget to enjoy the little things because they are never as little as we think."

I love sitting outside even if I'm sweating my face off because our patio sitting season is too short in Michigan. 

Bahahaha.

This made me laugh, but we still have so much of summer left.

Remember, September is still summer!

This is alarming. 

I feel seen.

My mom sent this and it's too cute not to share.

For more life lately:

Week 27 of 2019

Week 27 of 2020

Week 27 of 2021

No comments: