Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Life Lately: Week 25

 This is what the past week look like.

I took most of the week off to enjoy the 90 degree weather and Manny was all about relaxing.

I started using my fave Aldi coffee.

An old friend stopped by and we spent a few hours floating and catching up on life.

I like La Croix better, but this is pretty darn good.

Wine down after mentoring our sweet couple.

Happy ninth birthday to this guy!

My therapy homework was to take the Authentic Happiness by UPenn questionnaire called Values in Action.

My top five strengths are: Faith, Perseverance, Enthusiasm, Appreciation of Beauty, and Optimism. 

Nothing is more relaxing to me than a good swim.

6:09 p.m. "Mom, feed me!"

6:19 p.m. Out like a light.

These books are very different, but both very good.

It's been so hot and humid lately, but Manny insists on joining me on the porch.

I'm not sure if he likes the heat or likes being with me?

The prettiest sunset on the longest day of the year.

New pedicure color.

Thai take-out.

The water is so peaceful.

He doesn't look comfortable.

I spent most of my week on that tube, ha!

However, while I was floating and living my best life...

I was sick and had to cancel all of my fun plans for my week off (and felt v sorry for myself).

By Sunday (day 5 of feeling like garbage) I was still not feeling any better so I went to urgent care to figure out what was going on.

Negative Covid test and negative flu test determined it was this virus going around that lasts 7-10 days.

The doctor told me they have seen hundreds of people with my same symptoms (sore throat, cough, achy, tired).

He gave me some medicine and said in a few more days I should (finally!) be back to normal.

Ended the weekend with a salmon quinoa bowl.

It's so true though.

Love this.

Yes!!

I found this interesting (I'm a one and G is a five).



This is powerful.

"Your worth is not defined by anyone else's behavior."

Mind. Blown.



I heart Mel Robbins.

Being detached is hard, but important.

Haha!

This is exactly how we talk, ha!



It's funny because it's true.

For more life lately:

Week 25 of 2019

Week 25 of 2020

Week 25 of 2021

No comments: