Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Life Lately: Week 15

This is what the past week looked like.



"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13



Happy April!



Spinach quiche muffins since it seems I already packed my casserole dish, ha!



Easter is coming



I made chicken chili in the crock pot.

Cans of beans are heavy to move so the less I have to move the better, ha!



Closing on our old and new house, ahhhh!!!



I love Lansing.



Selfie in our new backyard.


I shared this on social media and thought I would share here as well:

Cheers to dreams coming true! It has been a long road. 10 years of dreaming about living on a lake, 6 offers on waterfront houses, and 2 accepted offers that fell apart and we never knew why until now. Now that we found our house. The timing isn’t ideal. We are in a hard and uncertain time and my family is mourning the loss of my uncle. But as I reflect I wonder if he sparked my love of the lake life. I grew up going to Sandy Pines as a kid and tubing on his boat. Swimming in the lake. Yelling “Go faster!” as he took us around the lake in his speedboat. As we embark on this new adventure we will never forget the people who we have loved and lost along the way. They will always be remembered. 

Cheers to pursuing your dreams and not taking anything for granted.




Champs to celebrate, of course.



And takeout (Gnocchi with asparagus and scallops) from one of our favorite local restaurants.



It hasn't sunk in yet that this in my new home.

I feel like I'm renting a VRBO or something.



We had the most lovely thunderstorm our first night.



Our first (stormy) sunset.


He has been such a trooper.



A misty sunrise.



With everything going on we couldn't board him and all the commotion stressed him out and he won't leave my side.



It looks like a summer day.



But it did not feel like a summer's day.


The next day it snowed.


It's nice to see him relaxed because he hasn't been himself lately with everything going on.


New fave coffee.


Things are getting real.


This guy.


Moving day! 

I sure didn't expect to move during this time, but notaries and movers are all essential and things happened quickly.


It was weird seeing the house so empty.


Some things never change.


Pizza and moving just go together.


And salad because balance.


The welcoming committee?


Kitchen is unpacked.


Pantry is organized.


We met our new neighbors and they are so kind and welcoming.

They even mowed our yard which was such a blessing because it was the last thing on our minds.


I keep reminding myself unpacking is the fun part.


Lighting a candle helped make me feel more at home.


Coffee tastes better at the lake.


So does beer.


First walk around our new neighborhood.


I have been so distracted with the move I forgot about the pandemic for a minute.

This was a sobering reminder. 


"Even in our deepest struggles, love, faith and beauty find a way." Brene Brown.


Happy Easter!


"Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives."



G made us a lovely Easter brunch.


I have big plans for the screened in porch.

String lights. Hot tub. Outdoor rug and couch.

I can hardly wait.


Manny is still a little confused about what is going on.

 

I love this.



I'm learning this lesson right now.


Still thinking on this.


This made me laugh.


Ha!


Good idea!:)


This may be my favorite meme so far.

For more life lately;

Week 15 of 2019

2 comments:

Anne said...

Oh my gosh, it looks so beautiful, I'm so excited for you! You guys still keeping your same jobs/ close enough to your old city?

lilmiscantberong said...

Congratulations on your new place, the view of the lake is beautiful! I hope Manny settles in soon. Your posts always inspire me, thanks for sharing.