Friday, April 29, 2022

Life Lately: Week 16

 This is what the past week looked like.

It's the second half of April and it's snowing.

Monday vibes after a week of vacation and trying to catch up on emails.

A fun lunch with a sweet coworker made the first day back to work after a week off much better.

Crock Pot Asian Chicken Stir Fry for dinner.

Morning walk with Manny start the day out right.

Road tripping to a supplier.

Olive Garden leftovers from the supplier lunch for dinner.

Premarital mentoring meetings always foster great conversations.

Thankful for this group of people.

I dropped Manny off at grooming in our little downtown so I grabbed quiche from my favorite bakery. 

There's no place like home.

Signs of spring.

Just in case you needed the reminder, your feelings are valid.

Getting groomed is exhausting (and apparently means you can push the blanket out of the way and lay on the couch).

I caught a cold, but I also had a bad headache along with it so I took a Covid test just to be sure and it came back negative.

When I don't feel good and my head is congested I just want warm, comforting, slightly spicy tofu pho.

Hits. The. Spot.

G gave up caffeine about a month ago and it really made me aware of how much caffeine I drink.

I love the Americano, but it's a lot of caffeine so I split this drink into two servings across two days and I didn't miss the extra caffeine. 

"The idol of control" really convicted me.

Chili's is always a great idea.

So is Indian.

Coffee tastes better on the porch.

We celebrated Easter a week late with Aperol Spritz.

Recycle happiness.

Sweet Benny on to his next Lego project.

This is the cutest wine bottle I've ever seen.

The wine tasted even better on a 80 degree day (!!).

My best girl.

A girl and her papa. 

It was such a lovely day with family sitting on the deck together.

Soaking up that sunshine.

Ella and G had a few rousing games of soccer.

This boy loves a hot dog.

Action shot.

Sunset views on the drive home.

Chili's shrimp bowls tasted even better leftover.

Saturday night views.

The paws crossed just gets me.

This book was heartbreaking, hopeful and so well written.

It's a good reminder how important communication is in a marriage. 

You aren't mind readers so it's important to share your hearts.

Reading on the beach didn't hurt either.

I thought I would have been the first one in the water since I was the last one swimming in late October, but these guys beat me to it.

Manny got a little ice cream treat and hated it, can't you tell? ;)

The weekend ended with heavy rain and catching up on my shows.

That tongue!

He is so weird sometimes.

Aw!

This!

Mind blown.

Yes to all of this.

Yes, you can.

I have never related to anything more.

It's funny because it's true.

I thought I was the only one!

For more life lately:

Week 16 of 2019

Week 16 of 2020

Week 16 of 2021

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want that crockpot Asian stir fry recipe!!

Lindsey said...

The recipe can be found in this post: https://learningtobeawife.blogspot.com/2021/05/life-lately-week-20.html