Thursday, April 21, 2022

Life Lately: Week 15 (Part 2)

 If you missed part one you can check it out here.

On to part two/last half of the week of our amazing vacation in Traverse City.

The Black Star Farms on Leelanau has a beautiful horse farm.

Next up was Shady Lane Cellars.

We would usually hang out at a winery for about an hour sharing a wine tower or flight and playing cards.

We joked that we started a trend because by the end of our trip we started seeing other couples playing cards while they wine tasted too.

The weather cooled a bit at the end of the week, but it was still sunny and beautiful.

Mawby is one of our faves because we love a good sparkling wine.

If you visit you have to try the Sandpiper wine and the Whitefish Pâté

Trust me.

We went to Big Little Wines and I asked if the name is because it's owned by brothers (big brother/little brother).

The server said I nailed it and told me no one gets that right.

I felt proud, but G said he probably tells everyone that. Ha!

C-3 Pinot is the best wine name (and pretty tasty).

Ciccone Vineyard and Winery is another favorite of ours.

Fun fact: Madonna's parents own this winery.

I love Leelanau.

Michigan is pretty, right?

A good cloud day.

Apache Trout Grill is one of our absolute favorite restaurants and their shrimp and lobster bisque is one of the best soups of my life.

The food is amazing and the view is pretty incredible.

G's steak is always the star, but the halibut was pretty darn tasty.

"Risotto so good you'll want to kiss the chef." - Our server - 

Meanwhile Manny was still living his best life with his sweet dog sitter.

Vacation goes way too fast.

I'll miss the view, but I miss my lake.

We bookended (is that a word? I just mean we started and finished) our trip at Clam Lake Beer Company.

The clam chowder was so good we shared a bowl of it this time.

The Ahi Tuna bowl was so insane I had to get it again.

It was just as good as last time (errr... a week ago, ha!).

I got some good reading done on the trip.

Quick reviews:

Friends Like These - halfway through and very interested.

The Reunion - Really dark, but had to see who did it.

One Italian Summer - The reviews weren't good so my expectations were low, but I loved this book so much and want to go to Italy stat. 

Someone is happy to be home.

The start of a great sunset...

Amazing!

There's no place like home.

We started the final season of Ozark.

Snuggly pup.

Never met a sunset I didn't love.

Love this quote.

That's powerful.

Good reminder.

Yes!

Perspective shift.

He's not wrong.

We are the heroes, ha!

This made me laugh because neighbors in our first sub were out mowing at 8 a.m. on Saturday mornings.

Nobody talks about it!

So funny.

This was totally me this week of vacation.

"And is, himself, a bill" made me laugh out loud.

For more life lately:

Week 15 of 2019

Week 15 of 2020

Week 15 of 2021

No comments: