Friday, September 13, 2024

Life Lately: Week 36

This is what the past week looked like.

I took Labor Day week off so happy September to me!

Peek-a-boo sunflowers.

Farmers Market Tuesday.

These cutesy princesses were at the market.

Cheese from the farmers market just tastes better.

We tried pasties from a market vendor and they were pretty tasty.

Swooning over my market flowers.

This was a sweet read and I thought she wrote about grief in a really beautiful way.

Fave quotes:

"My aunt used to say, if you don't fit in, fool everyone until you do. She also said to keep your passport renewed, to pair red wine with meats and white with everything else, to find work that is fulfilling to your heart as well as your head, to never forget to fall in love whenever you can find it because love is nothing if not a matter of timing, and to chase the moon."

"I loved how a book, a story, a set of words in a sentence organized in the exact right order, made you miss places you've never visited, and people you've never met."

"...Nothing lasts forever. Not the good things, not the bad. So just find what makes you happy, and do it for as long as you can."

"That was love, wasn't it? It wasn't just a quick drop - it was falling, over and over again, for your person. It was falling as they became new people. It was learning how to exist with every new breath. It was uncertain and it was undeniably hard, and it wasn't something you could plan for. Love was an invitation into the wild unknown, one step at a time together."

"Sometimes the people you loved left you halfway through a story. Sometimes they left you without a goodbye. And, sometimes, they stayed around in little ways. In the memory of a musical. In the smell of their perfume. In the sound of the rain, and the itch for adventure...."

Pretty pedicured toes.

My sweet pup.

Beauty in the mundane.

I got some good floating in on my week off by myself, with G, and with a friend.

Orange skies.

I'm still in my summer era, but I had a fun day shopping with my mom.

Converted my mom to liking sushi.

Dairy Store has the best ice cream.

My mom bought me candles for my birthday and I feel seen.

P.S. Who knew Hobby Lobby had such good candles?!

Ominous skies.

Snuggling in my new throw blanket from Hobby Lobby (and there is a dog under there).

Zucchini pie made by my mom is the BEST.

I bought these from TJ's and I get the hype.

Shine bright, Manny. 

Flowers so pretty they look fake.

My friend made these pretzels and brought them for our floating day and they taste like Dots.

This was a fun and easy binge and I would recommend. 

Go Lions!

Small changes make all the difference.

Not ashamed.

This bookcase is dreamy.

Yes!

Love this type of Bible verse breakdown.

Haha.

Mind. Blown.

This is fantastic and I will start using this as a unit of measure.

A great mystery. 

Food for thought.

Geese are the worst.

Right?!

I'll shift into soup mode in October.

Valid question, ha!

For more life lately:

Week 36 of 2019

Week 36 of 2020

Week 36 of 2021

Week 36 of 2022

Week 36 of 2023 Part 1 and Part 2

No comments: