Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Life Lately: Week 35

This is what the past week looked like.

THIS BOOK.

I didn't love the intro or conclusion, but the meat of the books was the four agreements and I can't stop thinking about them.

The four agreements are be impeccable with your word, don't take anything personally, don't make assumptions, and always do your best.

Fave quotes:

"Personal importance, or taking things personally, is the maximum expression of selfishness because we make assumptions that everything is about 'me.'".

"Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. All people live in their own dream, in their own mind; they are in a completely different world from the one we live in. When we take something personally, we make assumptions  that they know what is in our world, and we try to impose our world on their world."

"Whatever you think, whatever you feel. I know is your problem and not my problem. It is the way you see the world. It is nothing personal, because you are dealing with yourself, not with me. Others are going to have their own opinion according to their belief system, so nothing they think about me is really about me, but it is about them."

"You are never responsible for the actions of others; you are only responsible for you. When you truly understand this, and refuse to take things personally, you can hardly be hurt by the careless comments or actions of others."

"It is always better to ask questions than to make an assumption, because assumptions set us up for suffering."

"We make assumptions that everyone sees life the way we do. We assume that others think the way we think, feel the way we feel, judge the way we judge, and abuse the way we abuse... And this is why we have a fear of being ourselves around others. Because we think everyone else will judge us, victimize us, abuse us, and blame us as we do ourselves."

"Real love is accepting other people the way they are without trying to change them."

Two things to note about this picture:

1. It was so hot a hawk was in the lake.

2. Our blue mat was shredded (snapping turtle? muskrat?) so that's a bummer. RIP.

I saw this on my way into work and it made me happy.

Supplier lunch and a reminder to stick to what you know.

I tried something new (pickle mac and cheese) and it had way too much bacon and not enough pickle flavor.

The last Hilderbrand book.

It was good, but not my favorite.

Fave quotes:

"Tell me, what is your plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

"The late great novelist John Gardner famously said that there are only two plots: One, a person goes on a journey, and two, a stranger comes to town."

"Every year it's a fairy tale come to life, a village enchanted, all the more magical because it's fleeting."

I tried cottage cheese eggs and I can never go back now.

The eggs are so creamy and fluffy!

Flowers as big as my head.

Miso ginger salad with crispy air fried tofu.

Peach skies.

Chicken stir fry is what's for dinner.

Cotton candy sunrise.

My last summer Friday was perfection.

My mom and family friend came over and we ate Tropical Smoothie wraps and floated the afternoon away.

Neon sunset.

Falafel bowls that fed me three times.

My mom brought me Starbucks and it hit the spot on Saturday morning.

Party prep.

10/10 recommend this beer.

He's silly.

Showing off their soccer moves.

Delicious lunch.

We celebrated our August birthdays with a cookie dough cake.

Someone stole papa's hat.

Howdy...

Partner.

The best family day!

My heart is full.

There is no tired like lake tired.

After everyone left G made us frenchies (a tradition after hosting) and we sat on the deck and reflected on the sweet day...

Chatting about our favorite birthdays, my dad winning bocce ball (again), the epic cookie dough balls, and Ella and I holding hands while swimming.

This was my least favorite Giffin book.

Fave quotes:

"Reminder to walk gently through this fragile life... to love... to be loved... and to do our best to ease the pain, despair, and suffering of others."

"...There's a difference between your history and your legacy. Your history is what happened. Your legacy is what you set in motion."

"...I have come to learn that we can't live our lives in a small, fear-based way. We have to take risks. We have to love big. And we have to have faith in our friendships."

"Our lives will never be perfect, nor will the photos we take. What matters is that we are all doing our best. We are showing up for one another, even when things get rough, and against all odds, we are finding our way to happiness."

I started watching Housewives again and it's good to get back into it.

Jersey is meh, but I'm loving OC right now.

The mornings and evenings are getting cooler and I'm just not ready to let summer go.

Good reminder.

Grateful.

YES.

"We do have the choice where we look - either at our problems and pressures or to the promises of God."

It's funny because it's true.

Lol.

Happy fall ya'll. 

For more life lately:

Week 35 of 2019

Week 35 of 2020

Week 35 of 2021

Week 35 of 2022

Week 35 of 2023

No comments: