Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Life Lately: Week 35

This is what the past week looked like.

A beautiful start to the week.

Breakfast of champions.

Surveying his kingdom...er...the backyard.

What's better than Qdoba?

Free Qdoba at work!

Find the beauty in everyday. 

Happy hour with my coworkers.

Cheers to budgets being over!

Funny story: I asked for a Bloody Mary and the server came back and said they were out so I ordered an Oktoberfest and she came back with this quarter of a glass and apologized and said this was the last of it and my drink was on the house, ha!

Picked flowers from the yard and put some in the bathroom. 

This is the before of our front yard (or is the street side the back of the house when you live on a lake?)

The during.

We finally pulled the trigger and hired landscapers to pull all the landscaping around our house.

It's just too much and we needed to call in the professionals.

Slow Cooker Flank Steak with onions, carrots and potatoes.

Prepping for premarital mentoring. 

Sunrise walks.

Manny has lost some hair on his back so I called the vet and they said it's allergies so he's taking Benadryl and it makes him so tired.

Flowers from our yard on the dining room table.

It makes me so happy to see these flowers from our yard.

Pretty epic sandwich with sourdough, oven roasted turkey, cucumbers, lettuce, provolone, mustard and mayo.

I cooked some chicken in the crock pot and made a Greek Bowl with tomatoes, cucumber, cauliflower rice, and Greek dressing.

Yum!!

I love being up before the sun.

These are even better than Chomps.

Dog days of summer.

Happy September!

Floating and reading a good book is my happy place.

Finished Hilderbrand's newest book and liked it.

It started a little slow as I tried to keep track of all the characters, but then it got good and I couldn't put it down.

Fave quotes: "When deep August arrives, a certain melancholy sets in, the kind people get on a Sunday afternoon. The summer, which seemed so endless back in June, will be over in a few short weeks."

"All we have to look forward to now are the 'lasts'. The last great beach days," the last days of floating, the last swims, the last boat rides, the last sunset floats, the last cocktails on the beach happy hours.

Boating with our neighbors.

See also: Jovie loves G best.

A beautiful sunset.

Besides my house, this is my favorite house on the lake.

It gives Mackinac Island vibes to me.

Captain Jovie.

Endless summer.

Party lights.

Another beautiful sunrise walk with Manny.

Lake livin'.

Self care while I work.

He cut up an apple for me... swooooooon.

Floating is all I wanna do.

Boat ride with neighbors on the north side of the lake.

It was fun meeting new neighbors.

Saturday was our last sunny and warm day of the long weekend, but we sure made the most of it.

Prepping the yard for my family to visit.

I made pulled pork, my brother brought salad and my mom made her famous potatoes.

Team work!

After a delicious lunch we spent the afternoon on the lake.

We went on a boat ride with our neighbors and jumped off the boat.

It was such a fun summer memory jumping off their boat last year so we had to do it again before summer ends. 

Then a storm started moving in and the wind picked up.

It sure was pretty watching the dark clouds move in.

Dinner at our neighbors' house.

After a plain bite of brat (my usual) I tried it with mustard and sauerkraut and I'm a FAN.

I don't think I can eat it any other way now.

This sign in their kitchen always makes me laugh.

Lynn's famous liquor cake.

We capped the night off with key lime Jello shots.

What a FUN day!

Coffee tastes better on a holiday weekend.

Sunday Brunch. 

Lazy bones.

I've wanted to try Vizzy all summer because I love a mimosa.

The verdict? A little too sweet, but I liked it.

Movie night at our neighbors' is one of my favorites because they make the best movie theater popcorn.

We watched Elvis and I have THOUGHTS.

Austin Butler was perfection as Elvis.

I wanted to see this movie so bad so maybe my expectations were too high, but the story is just sad and I left feeling so bad for Elvis and wishing things could have been different for him.

Wishing the people in his life would have cared for him instead of seeing him as a paycheck.

Wishing he listened to Priscilla and got the help he needed.

I also can't stop listening to Suspicious Minds so there's that. 

Manny got a new toy from Aldi.

He loves it and hasn't destroyed it yet.

That in itself is impressive because he usually ruins a toy in two minutes flat.

Chilly, cloudy days call for RHOBH and Southern Charm on the porch.

Wise words.

The cutest.

Welcome September!

YES.

So why do we compare what He creates?

Truth bomb.

Awww!

So grateful.

What a lovely thought.

Lets talk about our joys.

Bahaha.

This feels so true as I continue to wake up with a sore neck from sleeping.

What?!

I love a good pun.

I remember doing this, lol.


I'm holding on to summer until September 22nd. 


It's so embarrassing for you, ha!

For more life lately:

Week 35 of 2019

Week 35 of 2020

Week 35 of 2021

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can’t wait to see the landscaping “afters”!!