Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Life Lately: Week 36

 This is what the past week looked like.

I'm having a moment with lettuce, mayo, mustard, provolone, cucumber, turkey sandwiches on a slice of sourdough. 

Here comes the sun.

Love Lansing.

Back at Bowdie's.

I had a lavender, honey, lemon cocktail with the deconstructed crab cake and both were epic.

I'm ready to go back and do it all over, ha! :)

But the real show stopper is the perfectly cooked, crisp on the outside, flavorful and tender on the inside filet.

It was such a fun date night and ended with a beautiful sunset.

Manny cuddles.

I had a few days off and I spent the mornings organizing and the afternoons floating on the lake.

This is the before of the pantry. 

It was getting a bit out of control and stressed me out.

The after!

I didn't take a before picture, but believe it or not this is the organized freezer.

See also: our freezer is tiny.

I know where everything is now.

I have about 15 cauliflower rice packets (oops), but they are organized by expiration date.

I also did a closet clean out and have four bags ready to donate.

I forgot to take a picture before returning it to the library, but I finished this book and while it wasn't a favorite, I still enjoyed it and have been going on a Kennedy family deep dive. 

Savoring these summer nights.

On my last day of vacation I treated myself to Trader Joe chocolate croissants.

We drove up north to our neighbors' second house to spend the weekend with them.

Cheers to that!

We ate dinner at The Crow's Nest.

But first appetizers: truffle fries, fried pickles and morel mushroom bruschetta. 

For dinner I had the white fish with capers.

But the real reason we came: the liver and onions.

I don't know how we got to talking about it, but last week Dave mentioned this place and their delicious liver and onions .

G grew up eating liver and onions in South Africa and wanted to try them because he hasn't had them since.

I tried them, but they are not my jam.

The experience reminded me of going to Myrtle Beach with family friends and Pastor Ken threatening to make us eat liver and onions if we didn't behave.

A punishment for me, a delicacy for G. Ha!

We came back to the house and watched Hillbilly Elegy which was interesting, heartbreaking, inspiring and the acting was incredible.

Saturday mornings are for the farmers market. 

We walked around, listened to the live jazz music and I bought some lavender face spray and lavender cocktail mixers in hopes of recreating my drink from Bowdies. 

This church looks like it's straight out of a movie set.

I had to snap a picture of this Lego ship for my Lego loving family.

Breakfast at Turkey's.

The art of lake living.

G loved the watch in that orange and white box so we went inside the store to ask how much it was.

$3500!! 

Hard. Pass.

I love a candle and these were the biggest I've ever seen.

And also $450 a pop. 

Pass.

Swooning over the houses in Harbor Springs. 

And all the beautiful flowers.

Good cloud day.

I posted this picture on insta and the Harbor Springs insta account reposted it!

Selfie with the yachts. 

Flowers as big as my head.

We got to go drinks and sat in the park while we waited for a table at The Pier.

We got a table and sat on the patio watching the boats (and yachts!) go by all afternoon.

Perfection.

Doesn't this house look like a face?

Classic.

Jovie loves G.

We sat on the back porch and talked while the boys watched football.

Funky lighting.

The décor was so fun at One Thirty Eight.

Lynn and I had the adult root beer float.

G had the Sexy 75 (ha!).

Dave had the spicy marg.

Deliciousness.

I was too busy soaking up the moment to take a picture of any of the food, but the apps (crab ragoon, goat cheese balls, and spring rolls) were PHENOMENAL.

G joked with Dave that he wanted an autograph because the food was so incredible and because this chef is going to be famous.

Dave mentioned this to our server and the chef came out with a signed menu, aw!

Our next stop was The Paper Station

The Korean Fries were amazing.

Last stop ended where it all began: Turkey's for take out pizza for a late night snack.

Good time vibes.

The boys waited for the pizza and Lynn and I walked around town.

Doesn't Harbor Springs look like a movie set?

It was so quiet.

We had the downtown to ourselves to window shop.

The world is your oyster!

The late night snack was a great idea and we devoured this pizza.

We watched I, Tonya which was another heartbreaking but interesting story.

I thought I knew the story, but I didn't and the acting was incredible.

Dave picked up bagels and apple fritters from Johan's and it was all so good.

9/11: We will never forget.

We stopped at Timeout Tavern for lunch and the fish tacos were delightful.

Picked Manny up. 

We got home, unpacked, and relaxed on the porch while it rained.


I feel seen.

True story.

l am still so into the enneagram. 

Modern woman mindset.

Good reminder to only focus on what you can control.

Guilty of this for sure, ha!

For more life lately:

Week 36 of 2019

Week 36 of 2020

Week 36 of 2021

No comments: