Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Life Lately: Week 36 (Part 1!)

 This is what the past week looked like.

Hot and sunny Labor Day.

We (and by we I mean G) haven't made the bed in months so I had to document.

Manny sensed we were having people over and was on the lookout.

We hosted some friends we haven't seen since 2018 (!!) and spent hours floating on the lake and eating Mexican food.

Reunited and it feels so good.

Fun fact: Megan and I know each other because of our dads. Our dads were the best men in each others' weddings and we were born two months apart so the dads took each other out to the bar after each of us were born sporting "It's a girl!" hats.

Having a moment with tofu.

Tofu is good over salad or over cauliflower rice with hummus.

The days are getting shorter.

Mexican food leftovers.

The calm before the storm.

Manny slept through the storm which has never happened.

It rained hard. 

Still obsessed with breakfast toast.

After the incident last time we boarded Manny my sweet parents agreed to take Manny for the weekend.

As you can see in this picture, he loves his grandparents. :)

G and I took a half day Friday and headed up to Harbor Springs to visit our neighbor's at their second home.

Cheers to the weekend and the very best neighbors!

I had the parmesan crusted halibut over asparagus risotto and it was my second favorite meal of the trip.

The Pier is one of my favorite restaurants and funnily enough we were there exactly one year ago.

Dinner with a view.

Selfie.

Yacht at sunset.

We met the friendliest Bernedoodle.

Sweet Jovi held down the fort while we were out.

Late night snack while we watched the cutest Netflix movie.

Coffee tastes better on vacation.

We had the most epic breakfast at Small Batch and G declared the hash his favorite meal of the trip.

We hadn't been since 2020 and it was worth the wait.

We checked out the gift shop next door after breakfast and it was full of sassy and fun gifts like this makeup bag.

The Harbor Springs Farmers Market is legit.

We walked around downtown and popped into this shop that sells G's favorite soap where he proceeded to buy four, lol.

The boys went to a bar to watch football and the girls headed to Petoskey.

These photos are all paddle boarders and I found it so mesmerizing. 

Lakehouse décor goals.

I loved every single thing in The Quiet Moose, but nothing was in my budget.

So I just took pictures to get inspiration to recreate with my own lake photos.

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air."

I would have loved to buy this chess coffee table for G.

Shopped until we dropped.

Swooning over all the cute houses.

Pumpkin patch!

This is getting long so stay tuned for part two tomorrow.

No comments: