Monday, January 22, 2024

Life Lately: Week 3 (Part 1!)

 This is what the past week (to Friday evening) looked like.

The lake has frozen over.

G's beef strog just hits the spot on these single digit days.

In for 2024:

Flossing / mindfulness / flexibility / journaling / organizing / purging / gratitude / lifting weights / experiences over stuff / investing / meditation 

Out for 2024:

Comparing to others / eating too fast / worrying / scrolling social media / people pleasing / complaining / reading books I don't like

I had MLK day off and I spent the day organizing and purging.

I started small (or so I thought) with the entertainment center.

The DVDs were not in the right jackets so it turned into quite the puzzle taking all the DVDs out and putting them in the right place.

The after.

I donated most of the DVDs and turned this into a game drawer.

Next I moved to the bathroom.

The after doesn't look much different, but I took everything out and wiped the drawer down and put back only what I use.

The bathroom closet before.

The after isn't too drastic since I just cleaned this a few months ago, but it still needed a little refresh and clean out.

The after of the hall closet isn't dramatic, but I purged a lot of what was in the bins and that felt good.

The guest room closet was a bit of a catchall and was stressing me out.

The after.

Three bags of donations from all the clean outs. 

Rewarded myself with tea and a good book.

Burrito bowls for dinner.

Manny is more of a summer dog, ha!

I'm ridiculous.

I have one cup for my coffee, one for my tea, one for my calm evening drink and a cup for my green smoothies and I use them all everyday.

Finished this book for book club.

Having a moment with air fried chicken and avo over salad.

G's work was without heat so they bought everyone Starbucks and he was kind enough to share it with me.

Frozen.

But at least it's sunny.

Meet Bubblegum, a 14 year old fish at my new fave sushi place.

Sushi with a supplier.

It's a ruff life.

Horrocks pizza is the best.

Bought a beer sorely because it of the can.

Pedicure time.

We finally watched Air and it was so good!

10/10 recommend.

Just a dog wishing it was warm enough to walk outside.

Wise words from James Clear.

Good reminder.

Convicting. 

So true.

Ha!

It's funny because it's true.

This made me laugh too hard.

Being an adult is weird.

For more life lately:

Week 3 of 2019

Week 3 of 2020

Week 3 of 2021

Week 3 of 2022

Week 3 of 2023 Part 1 and 2

No comments: