Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Life Lately: Week 2

 This is what the past week looked like.

First girls night of the year.

Taco Tuesday.

I have the absolute best friends.

I hate driving, but especially when the roads aren't great so the girls changed plans to meet on my side of town AND they picked me up.

If I don't have to drive in the snow I think it's pretty to look at.

Work bathroom selfie.

The mushroom soup at Kitchen Proper is legit.

The server accidently gave me my coworker's filet and it smelled so good.

I wasn't feeling the risotto and had major regrets I didn't order the filet. 

Starbucks Americano is my fave. 

Could it BE any prettier?

Yes because swans entered the chat. 

I was doing dishes on Christmas Day and felt my feet getting wet.

YIKES.

We (I mean G) figured out the faucet was leaking so it was a good excuse to pick out something pretty when we replaced it.

I realize the faucets look pretty similar, but this one is a bit more modern (and the water flow is so much better!).

We updated the basement bathroom a few years ago, but the faucet started leaking last week.

Lets just replace all the sinks, lol.

I'm obsessed with the new faucet and the waterfall water flow.

Phone call with my besties to talk about our vision boards for 2024.

Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Pistou.

I started reading this book and it's impactful. 

Fave quotes so far:

"Hospitality is not inviting people to our perfect homes; it is inviting them to our imperfect hearts."

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."

"A wise person once said there are two ways to be rich - one is to have everything you want, and the other is to be satisfied with what you have."

When contemplating buying something ask yourself: "how will this item enrich my life over the next year, five years, or ten years?"

"A busy life is not the same as a meaningful life."

Sweet pupper.

Most of G's family recipes use McCormick steak rub and sadly it was discontinued a few years ago.

G has been trying to find and/or make his own replacement ever since and none have tasted the same.

G's coworker loves to cook and took on the challenge of making her own version for us to try which was just so kind and her version was pretty delicious.

A big snowstorm came through Friday night ruining our plans for the weekend.

Good thing I was prepared to be snowed in. :)

Poor guy is not the biggest fan of winter.

Burned my fave Bath and Body Works candle and watched RHOBH (it's such a GOOD season!).

Manny overseeing the neighborhood shoveling. 

I'm surprisingly really into Paris In Love and was cackling when Paris pulled into a resort G and I have stayed at often in Traverse City.

She tried to be nice, but you could tell she was not a fan of the resort or TC.

A quintessential wintery scene. 

I live in the artic tundra. 

Every time I do yoga Manny stands over me and it reminds me of the meme where the dog stands over the person like this with the caption "I own you now."

Breakfast sandwich.

It's too cold to read in the hot tub so my new reading spot is right next to the fireplace.

Glass of wine optional. 

Good nuggets of wisdom.

Eek, guilty of this.

Good reminder.

YES.

What a week in Michigan football!

So exciting to see the Lions in the playoffs.

In my rest era.

Agreed.

I'm not crying, you are.

Accurate.

l feel seen.

Mic drop moment.

Woohoo!

Hahaha.

So good.

Feels right.

Lol.

Drive with cake.

Ah, the good old days.

For more life lately:

Week 2 of 2019

Week 2 of 2020

Week 2 of 2021

Week 2 of 2022

Week 2 of 2023

No comments: