Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Life Lately: Week 2

 This is what the past week looked like.


The sun came out for the first time in 30 days!

First sunset of 2023 as I pulled into my parents' driveway.

I went to Draught Horse Brewery with my parents.

Caprese Flatbread.

Wine and movie night with the rents.

We watched Jerry and Marge Go Large and it was such a cute movie.

Highly recommend! 

My mom dropped me off at the airport for a work trip.

Meanwhile back at home, lol.

Manny is super cuddly in the morning and when I'm not there he snuggles G.

First flight of 2023.

Hello St. Louis!

Home for the next few days.

Selfie with my sweet coworker.

Working lunch.

Party bus to finish the tour.

The best of the job is the food tastings.

I could get used to this weather.

Breakfast of champions.

The best chicken salad sandwich.

Cheers to a successful work trip (and that our flights weren't cancelled or delayed after the FAA system outage earlier that day.)

Heading home.

My parents picked me up at the airport and we got back to their house around 9:00 p.m. so we watched the last hour of Titanic (I forgot how good that movie is!) and then I crashed into bed.

I slept in, drank coffee, and worked from their home.

It was nice to have some good quality one-on-one time with my parents. 

I got in a good swim after a long few days of sitting.

Falafel and dill pickle salad is still a favorite lunch these days.

Sunshine on my mind.

I missed my bud.

I prefer cheese bread over pizza, anyone else?

The paw on top of his other paw though.

My dad caught this squirrel landing like a superhero and I couldn't love it more.

This book was on a lot of top books of 2022 and honestly? I didn't get the hype. 

I finished it because it was the only book I had while traveling, but I'm glad it's over.

My dad had started watching The Menu and it looked interesting.

I wanted to know why it was a horror movie so G and I watched it later in the week and it was so dark and disturbing.

Do not recommend.

"My life will be a practice in joy."

Truth bomb.

Yes!

Pay attention.

So accurate.

Good reminder.

Me in a nutshell.

Oof, that's convicting. 

Ahhh this makes me happy!

I was always Team Aiden.

That's deep.

Whoa.

This is funny because it's true.

We had new appliances at our old house that were always breaking, but our 1960s washer and dryer at our current house are rock solid.

Why do we do this?

My SIL and I are doing a damp January, lol. 

Guilty.

It's funny because it's true.

I feel this.

I need a heating pad, silk pillow case, my retainer, a fan, pitch darkness, melatonin sleep lotion, and sleep spray.


It really does creep up on you!

For more life lately:

Week 2 of 2019

Week 2 of 2020

Week 2 of 2021

Week 2 of 2022

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is that Carrie/Aiden post, is something happening or just a blast from the past??

Lindsey said...

I think this is a preview of the new season of And Just Like That - Aiden will be in it!