Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Life Lately: Week 3 (Part 2!)

I usually document Monday through Sunday and I left off on Friday evening...

Packed and ready for Miami!

I tried not to overpack and even took a few things out, but still had two bathing suits and one dress I didn't wear, argh.

It's like our neighbors knew we were going on vacation and shot fireworks off to celebrate. ;)

I cozied up to this book and then finished it on the plane.

I liked it, but I have questions.

Also, is Britney really ok?

Saturday morning we packed up the car, dropped Manny off at the sitter's house, and met my parents for lunch on the way to the airport.

Cheers to a whole week off!

The fish tacos at Lyon Grill are legit.

We checked into our park and stay (which is such a good travel hack), went for a swim and then relaxed in our room and were asleep by 9 for our early flight the next day.

My favorite travel buddy.

A surprisingly good breakfast at the airport.

Crispy bacon for the win.

Sunrise over our plane.

We had single digit temps at home so 70 degrees felt amazing.

That yacht though!

We joked it probably belonged to Messi

Our room wasn't ready yet so we headed to Front Porch Cafe for lunch because tradition.

I had the crab cake club, but it was more of a burger?

I'm a lake girl, but the ocean will always have my heart.

Walking up to our hotel for the first time.

We stayed at the Sagamore and it was beautiful.

I couldn't get over all the artwork.

It was a whole vibe.

But what does it mean?

I felt bad because G wanted to play pool, but I kept thinking he meant go to the pool and I'm all about going to the pool (not playing pool).

Marilyn vibes.

I don't know why, but every time we passed this guy I sang Video killed the radio star.

I need coffee.

In paradise for the next 7 days.

All the heart eyes for this hotel.

"Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist."

G and I loved this quote on the pool bar: "Everything begins with imagination. Scientific discoveries, innovations, art, literature, even a change in personal circumstance. Any change you wish to see, begins by how much you can imagine."

l am still not over how artsy our hotel was.

This is probably the warmest pool I've ever been in, but it was glorious our first few days when it was in the low 70s.

Our room still wasn't ready yet so we grabbed drinks at the pool.

And just as G was about to ask the bartender to play the Lions game, we got the call our room was ready.

Balcony views for the next week.

G stayed in the room to watch the Lions play and I headed to the pool to read.

I specifically picked this book for the trip because it takes place in Miami.

G came down at halftime for a dip in the pool and then I came back up at the end to see the Lions win, woo!

We ventured out for dinner after the game.

Kinda funny story now, but my phone took us the wrong way and the street we thought our restaurant was on was blocked off so we had to take a detour...

Long story short we walked over a mile when our restaurant was literally kitty corner to our hotel.

Oops.

The burrata pizza was worth it though.

Our first day in Miami was an active one.

More Miami recaps to come this week! :)

No comments: