Thursday, August 8, 2024

Life Lately: Week 31

This is what the past week looked like.

Sunrise walk.

Do you ever feel like you are being watched?

I turned to my right and saw these three deer staring at me, lol.

Dog days of summer.

This is hard to see, but a hawk was bathing in the lake (or hunting?).

Pop of pink.

Sunshine after a storm.

The ear though.

Flower as big as my head.

Tuna sandwich craving satisfied. 

That guy.

New favorite cocktail mixer.

The men's gymnastics was so much fun to watch.

And let the record state that I called Stephen Nedoroscik Clark Kent first!

Ball of fire.


Someone got a new dog bed.

Bathroom progress update.

It's starting to come together and I'm obsessed.

Summer dinner favorite - chicken, onions and potatoes cooked in the crock pot for 8 hours in garlic, lemon and chicken broth.

10/10 recommend. 

Live life in full bloom.

New favorite sparkling water flavor.

The paws crossed just gets me.

We made cocktails with this French liquor while we watched the Olympics in Paris.


Early foggy morning.


Fave recipe.

This was cute.    

Fave quotes:

"Why not forgive? In a world where you can choose anger or empathy, always choose empathy."

"Sometimes the best way to show love or be kind to someone is to meet them where they are."

"Not everything that comes out of a crisis is bad. Sometimes your traumas are the reason you know how to help."

"The best kind of love doesn't happen on moonlit walks and romantic vacations. It happens in between the folds of everyday life."

Downtown Lansing.

Happy hour at Sidecar.

A little birthday stroll before our dinner reservations.

Dinner and drinks at our all time favorite place, Bowdies.

The most delicious and velvety smooth shrimp bisque.

It was right up there in my all time faves with Apache.

The steak and potatoes are perfection every time.

10/10, no notes.

Cheers to 41!

We were home before sunset to watch the Olympics and that is the perfect date night in my book.

The only picture I have from the whole weekend which means it was a good summer weekend on the lake.

Love this reminder in my devotional. 

Haha.

This makes me feel so old.

He is an American treasure.

Awwww.

It's so fun to look at the zestimate though. 

Feels accurate.

It's funny because it's true.

I love not camping!

Incredible.

The USA game for bronze had me in tears, what a game!!

I truly did think this.

I feel seen.

Slow down, summer.

For more life lately:

Week 31 of 2019

Week 31 of 2020

Week 31 of 2021

Week 31 of 2022 Part 1 and Part 2

Week 31 of 2023 Part 1 and Part 2

No comments: