Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Life Lately: Week 30

This is what the past week looked like.


Farmers market produce just tastes better.


Finding the beauty in the mundane. 


The look of FOMO.

Manny and I have been working on the porch to stay out of the way of the bathroom renovation.


Pulled pork sandwiches with CFA sauce and peas is what's for dinner.


Living that porch life.


I make a good sandwich.


Those summer ni-iiiiiights.


This was a fun and twisty book I couldn't put down.

Fave quote:

"There's no point in regretting something that can't be changed. Regret is a wasted emotion."


A quick storm blew through.


My favorite sparkling water right now.


Lunch with friends for Pinwheel Wednesday. 


My neighbor and I were walking and suddenly Manny started limping and drooling.

I googled it and learned drooling is a sign dogs are in pain.

My neighbor ran back to my house to get the car to pick us up (because of course this happened far from our house) and I called the vet.


The vet said he was probably stung by a bee and to give him 50mg of Benadryl and that knocked him out for about six hours.

This is Manny in a Benadryl haze, but his paw wasn't red or swollen anymore and he wasn't limping.


That was a stressful afternoon, but I'm so glad he is feeling better.


Bathroom progress and I'm in love with the new flooring and deeper tub.


Still swooning over the vanity.


Date night at Capital Prime.


The drinks were delightful, but the food was just meh.


Opening Ceremony time!

I thought it was creative and fun.

I loved watching the athletes come in by boat, Les Mis to heavy metal to Opera, the fashion show on the bridge, the opera singer and ballerina on top of buildings, and Celine Dion on the Eiffel Tower.

PERFECTION.


We spent the weekend floating or watching Olympics.


This was such a fun and cute read.

Fave quotes:

"My best friends taught me a new kind of quiet, the peaceful stillness of knowing one another so well you don't need to fill the space. And a new kind of loud: noise as a celebration, as the overflow of joy at being alive, here, now."

"What can you feel? Sunlight, everywhere. Not just on my bare shoulders or the crown of my head but inside me too, the irresistible warmth that comes only from being in the exact right place with the exact right people."


We are watching all the surfing, gymnastics, swimming, volleyball, and even table tennis.


G grilled brats and fresh corn from the farmers market.


My sweet boy.


YES.


I adore this.


Hahaha.


Accurate.


It's true.

For me it's a glass of wine and plain Pringles.


It's been a wild ride.


So many good questions.


Lol.


It's funny because it's true.

For more life lately:





No comments: