Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Life Lately: Week 31 (Part 1!)

 This is what the past week looked like.

Hey there hop stuff.

G and I kicked off my mini birthday getaway at Saugatuck Brewing Company.

Happy.

I had the falafel sandwich and G had the chicken shawarma and we both couldn't stop talking about how delicious it all was. 

See also: The fries, omg!

We checked into our cute AirBnb in the heart of downtown Saugatuck, unpacked, changed and then spent the afternoon at Oval Beach.

Lake hair don't care.

Oval Beach is one of my favorite Michigan beaches and we haven't been since 2015 so it was long overdue.

We did spend my birthday in Saugatuck in 2019 because it's just one of those really fun cities.

1.5 hours from our house, but feels a world away. 

Last day being 39.

Love is all you need.

There were a few restaurants/coffee shops that had swings for seating and I'm here for it.

Walking along the marina is my favorite thing to do.

Best name for a yacht, right?

Aperol Spritz.

Meanwhile Manny was snoozing next to this sweet pup at his dog sitter's house.

We ate dinner at Wally's and I'm still thinking about the burrata. 

After dinner we binged the entire season of SmartLess: On the Road and we both loved it so much.

It was hilarious, interesting, and just a good mix of funny and deep.

I woke up to more gifts from that sweet man of mine.

He really spoiled me this year.

I loved window shopping in all the cute storefronts.

The zucchini walnut muffin!

It looked too good to resist so I purchased it for a snack at the beach later.

The streets of Saugatuck were empty before 10 a.m.

We grabbed coffee (cafe Miel) from Uncommon Coffee Roasters and walked to a bench on the water.

We walked the marina and admired all the yachts and read all the boat names.

Sunrise snap.

G's favorite boat name: The office.

My favorite: Yes Dear.

We had the most epic brunch at Grow.

Isn't it funny that I haven't been carded in years, but on my 40th birthday I get carded?

The server realized it was my birthday and brought out these festive waffles.

We wandered around downtown, dipped in and out of shops and walked through the garden.

I love being on vacation.

We watched a little Pickleball from our AirBnb window and wished we packed our paddles.

G's birthday card was a fun walk down memory lane.

Hoptimistic about this new decade.

See what I did there? Pun intended. ;)

This is getting long so stay tuned for part 2 tomorrow.

No comments: