Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Life Lately: Week 18

This is what the past week looked like.

Epic sunset.

G and I battled upper respiratory infections pretty much all of April (and Covid in Jan) so I am doing all the immunity boosting things to stay healthy.

We celebrated (finally!) being healthy with dinner at Bowdie's.

My lemon lavender martini was perfection.

The crab cakes were just as good as I remember.

But the steak is the star of the show.

Consistently the best steak I've ever had.

Beautiful evening in downtown Lansing.

Spring has sprung.

In office day and lunch with a sweet coworker. 

Spent the afternoon walking around a food show, talking to suppliers, and trying delicious food.

Pregaming with a supplier at New Holland.

IFT After Party at the Milton

Look up.

Cheers!

It was a fun night catching up with suppliers and seeing coworkers I haven't seen in a while.

Don't follow your dreams, chase them!

Reminds of an emo song that had a line about chasing your dreams and catching up to them.

Downtown Battle Creek at sunset.

I had to be back in the office the following morning so G met me in BC and we stayed at the coolest airbnb.

It was nice to be within walking distance of the afterparty and the office after a long day.

But first coffee and then supplier meetings, lunch with coworkers, and budget work before heading home.

It was such a busy day this is the only picture I have, ha!

G brought home Chinese food.

4 out of 5 stars.

It was a good story with a few twists I did not see coming.

Fave quote:

"The bee itself is considered a symbol of Chris: the sting of justice and the mercy of honey, side by side."

Everything is getting so green.

Lunch with a friend on my first summer Friday (half days through Sept).

That guy.

In my takeout era.

May 4th: first swim of the year!

Vanilla skies.

Brunch life.

Made up my own cocktail and it was pretty AND yummy.

Lavender coconut tea, splash of Vitamin Water lemonade and a shot of vodka.

The weather was so amazing this weekend that I got a few hours of floating in.

We watched this movie about the Kellogg Poptart.

It was a bit silly for my liking and gosh it was weird to hear them talk about where I work and mention Battle Creek so often (and so many good actors!).

Good reminder.

Love a to be list.

Guilty. 

Hahaha.

The struggle is real, right?

This made me laugh way too hard.

This has been me for sure.

Lol.

This is a great idea.

It all happened so fast.

For more life lately:

Week 18 of 2019

Week 18 of 2020

Week 18 of 2021

Week 18 of 2022

Week 18 of 2023 Part 1 and Part 2

No comments: