Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Life Lately: Week 17

This is what the past week looked like.

I enjoyed Paris in Love so I thought I would read her book, but it was hard to read about her boarding school experience as an HSP. 

Fave quote:

"One priceless bit of advice my great-grandfather gave my grandfather, and my grandfather gave me: 'Success is never final. Failure is never fatal.'"

Pulling out one of my new hand soaps from my day of fun with my mom last month reminded me of our time together and made me smile.

Greek salad is what's for dinner when you're not motivated to cook.

Sunset skies.

My cooking mojo came back and I made air fried salmon over cauliflower rice with avocado and edamame. 

The best part? The sriracha mayo (1/4 cup mayo and 2 tsp siracha).

I started using the Glorify app during my quiet time and I'm obsessed.

It's a great way to start the day and checking off each part of the devotional is so satisfying.

Supplier lunch perks during my in office day.

I decided to try Bible highlighters during my devotional time...

They work okay, but colored pencils work better.

A neighbor was flying this huge remote control plane around the lake and having it land and take off in the water.

Me: "I'm impressed by how well that plane flies."

G: "I'm impressed by the pilot."

G took back an Amazon return for me and it was close to our fave sushi place so we had to get it. :)

Friday night lights.

The weather was magic so we grilled dinner and ate outside.

Coffee on the porch tastes better.

First bit of deck furniture is here (and put together by G).

See also: nothing says you're over 40 more than wanting rocking chairs.

Pop of color.

Manny was exhausted just from watching us do yard work.

Tried a new sauv blanc and I'm a fan.

Strawberry salad that was almost too pretty to eat.

My little brontosaurus. 

Movie night at our neighbors' house.

Jovie is a spot stealer, but she's cute.


We watched One Love and it was well done with great acting, but just so sad.

Coffee with a side of GBH.

It's a good day when you spend it on the porch.

G watched soccer while I read and then we caught up on American Idol together.

Have I mentioned how much I'm loving the Glorify app?

Impactful. 

Agreed.

Still thinking about this quote.

Detroit understood the assignment.

Good reminder.

Eek!

This made me laugh way too hard.

Still loving Taylor's new album. 

Probably.

This is funny because it's true.

This is me, but with candles. 

That is fantastic.

For more life lately:

Week 17 of 2019

Week 17 of 2020

Week 17 of 2021

Week 17 of 2022

Week 17 of 2023

No comments: