Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Life Lately: Week 18 (Part 1)

 This is what the past week looked like.

Air fried salmon over cauliflower rice, arugula, and tzatziki sauce.

Manny moo.

The pomegranate cocktail at PF Chang's was delightful.

It was the lavender salt for me.

GNO = girls night out!

We've had so much rain lately that our window started leaking.

UGH.

Swimming is my zen. 

Treated myself to a protein shake...

And a pedicure.

Quick dinner before premarital mentoring.

Rocking my MorningStar Farms shirt for the tour of the MSF plant.

The houses in Ohio are so cool.

Panera lunch on the road.

The office girls at the plant decorate this tree with a different theme every month.

How fun is that?!

"Literally seeing how the sausage gets made." - Emma-

My sweet supplier joined us for the plant tour and then took us to dinner afterwards.

They chose Buckeye Lake Winery because they had sauv blanc (my fave), but it was tough getting our U of M coworker to go inside, ha!

I'm a sucker for a dry white wine, live music, and lake views.

Sweet dreams are made of cheese.

Dinner music. 

I'm still thinking about this salmon. 

Those views though.

I love the wine bottle chandelier. 

Sunset views on the drive to our hotel.

Meanwhile, G sent me this picture of Manny waiting for me to come home. 

We stayed in Newark, Ohio and it's the cutest town.

Swooning over these doors.

A literal trash chute. 

The architecture in this town was just the coolest.

The masonry and tile work was impressive.

Since my coworker was a team player and ate at Buckeye Lake Winery we let him pick the place for drinks.

He picked a cool place, but when we walked in everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at us.

We did not belong so we walked to the brewery next door, but they were closing so we asked where we should go...

Which led to Elliot's which was a fun place with great drinks and a lively conversation on the best movies.

Meanwhile at home Manny gave up waiting for me to come home.

On the car ride down we were talking about rivers being the first highway system which led to talking about Mark Twain.

I sent the selfie in my MSF shirt to my family and commented about seeing where the sausage is made and my dad replied with the Mark Twain quote "Those who respect the law and love sausage should watch neither being made."

Then as we were walking back to our hotel we came across this Mark Twain statue.

Full circle moment!

Per our supplier's recommendation we stopped at Fox in the Snow for breakfast.

I think my expectations were too high because it wasn't the best breakfast sandwich of my life, but it had the potential if there was more cheese and if the bacon was crispier. 

By day two with my coworkers they knew I liked taking pictures and became my PR team.

"Take a picture in portrait mode while she sips her latte." - Alex-

We walked around New Albany and I could not get over how perfect the town seemed.

It felt like I was on a movie set.

Goodbye, Ohio. 

Timmy Ho's for lunch on the drive home.

The license plate said Halloween Girl.

The sun hitting the sparkle just right.

On Saturday we celebrated my aunt's 80th birthday. 

My mom is so talented.

Benny and Uncle G and their shenanigans. 

Benny burrito. 

My heart.

Silly gooses. 

This is getting long so stay tuned for part 2 tomorrow!

No comments: