This is what the past week looked like.
Cottage cheese egg bites with cheddar, red onion, and turkey sausage.
Holy hour.
G picked up Med on his way back from PT.
See also: PT is incredible, and I genuinely cannot get over the difference in G after just two sessions.
He’s feeling so much better and was even up for boat rides this week!
Find beauty in the mundane.
Grilled brats with a side of quinoa salad.
Book club at our local dive bar turned out to be the perfect setting for deep book discussions.
I forgot my phone, so I’m using a recycled photo from a few years ago (but honestly, it felt amazing to be fully present).
Watercolor sunsets.
It turns out our air conditioner was broken, and the part needed is obsolete, so we’re now in the process of replacing both the AC and furnace.
All that to say, the weather has been pretty delightful (not too hot or too cold) for not having a working cooling system right now.
M is also feeling much better and has been such a champ with all his meds that we treated him to a pup cup (or two)!
Okay fine, we treated ourselves too. ;)
There's a new captain on the lake.
Pesto pasta is what's for dinner (x4).
Another cloudy, rainy, cool weekend after a beautiful, sunny, warm workweek (argh!).
Then it turned stormy and I had to relocate inside.
Do I have a Good Culture problem?
The cream cheese was okay, but honestly, I think I prefer Laughing Cow cheese.
I spy a little blue sky.
Sneaking in a walk between rain drops.
The book was so odd, and I almost gave up on it, but hearing who was cast in the Apple TV+ series was so perfect that it kept me going and I’m glad I stuck with it.
Favorite quote:
"When you fall in love with a book, is it the character or the author you’re falling in love with?”
Sweet pupper.
Golden hour.
He’s practically hanging off the couch, I can’t imagine that’s comfortable.
G made the most incredible steak stir-fry, complete with fried egg.
Elite snack combo: Dots and an Olipop Root Beer, with a side of Your Friends & Neighbors (very late to the party, but fully obsessed with the show).
Wound down with this Dream Lavender Latte.
It didn’t exactly taste good, but I received a 99 sleep score, so I’ll definitely be drinking it again.
It's funny because it's true.
I agree!
Your 40s are wild.
Bahahaha.
Fall can wait its turn.
So true.
Actual conversation between G and I.
For more life lately:






































No comments:
Post a Comment