Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Life Lately: Week 34

 This is what the past week looked like.

Raspberry vinaigrette salad with bleu cheese and walnuts.

My SIL and I are big fans of the show Southern Charm so for her birthday I got her a gift card to Craig's pillow store (if you know you know!) and I received this email from Craig.

I'm sure it's not really from him, but STILL!

So cool.

G and I work 15 minutes from each other and this is the first time we met up for lunch in the last 4.5 years.

It was so nice!

G dropped me off at the oil change place and they put a flower in my car, aw!


It has been hot and humid and I am HERE for it!

A storm rolling in just after I finished swimming my laps.

It was a crazy storm with a lot of lightening so we sat upstairs and watched.

Our right light has been out for months and it suddenly went on, lol.

This house, I tell ya.

Full of surprises.

Deer spotting!

Cool sunrise clouds.

On the road again.

My coworker had never been to Fuddruckers so I had to introduce her to the best burger.

It was just as good as I remember it.

We used to go all the time when I was growing up and walking in and smelling the homemade buns took me back.

As a Friends fan I appreciated this billboard.

Salsa chicken with sour cream, avocado, and cauliflower rice.

Yum!

A beautiful summer evening.

If we spot a Starbucks on our supplier visit travel days we have to stop.

I always just order what my coworker orders and I get two days worth of coffee out of it.

I know it's coffee with cinnamon, 2 cups of sugar free vanilla and a splash of whole milk.

Delightful!


One of our supplier visits required a birth certificate or passport to see certain areas and I forgot to bring mine so I had to wear this badge which cracked me up.

We had lunch at Pine Cost Café which was so cute, clean and modern.

Best sandwich I ever ate.

Seriously.

So flavorful!

Grilled salmon, Monterey jack cheese, cashews, southwest dressing, all on a toasted brioche bun.

PERFECTION.

Lemon/peach sunset.

Prepping to host G's team at our house.

The biggest pizza box I've ever seen.

Aww it makes my heart so happy to host people at our house.

It was a hot evening, but we had a great time hanging out and playing yard games.

It was fun having people use our new paddleboat. 

I even got to go on a ride because her boyfriend didn't want to.

The fire was nice ambiance (and helped us make s'mores!) but we all had to back up quite a bit because it was such a hot evening.

When everyone left G and I took a little night swim to cool off.

After a day of floating on the lake we went to our neighbors' house to see their new floors.

I am obsessed with them and joke I'm going to copy when we renovate.

Our neighbors always have the best snacks.

We ended the night watching a few episodes of Ted Lasso (which is such a cute show!).

The mosquitoes are really bad this year.

I had about 30 mosquito bites and I'm not even exaggerating. 

Another big storm blew through (but luckily we got about 3 hours out on the lake beforehand).

The winds changed and the rain was blowing right at us so we had to move it inside.

Waiting out the storm.

Heck yeah!

Good reminder.

Still thinking about this one.

Love this!

Lol.

This made G and I crack up.

Wow, I feel old.

For more life lately:

Week 34 of 2019

Week 34 of 2020

No comments: