Friday, February 2, 2024

Life Lately: Week 4 (Part 2!)

This is what the second half of week four looked like.

You can catch part one here.

Take me backkkkkkk.

Is there a better sound in the world?

Coffee tastes better on vacation.

Meanwhile Manny was living his best life.

G's birthday brunch at Social Club.

I was on an eggs benedict kick.

I don't like Canadian bacon, but smoked salmon eggs benny?

Yes. Please.

The back half of the week really warmed up and we had epic beach days.

Here comes the sun.

"Mind on a permanent vacation

The ocean is my only medication."

Glorious.

We only tried one new restaurant (Local House) and it was my favorite of the whole trip.

Best cocktail of the trip too - prosecco, elderflower and lavender. 

This lobster eggs benedict was INSANE.

The lobster was delightfully buttery, the eggs so perfectly cooked, the English muffin so crisp and ripe to soak up the yolk.

You know it's a good beach trip when you read three books.

Retro car in front of the Versace mansion.

Manny isn't missing us at all, lol.

Peekaboo sunrise.

As soon as I snapped this picture it started to downpour and we ran back to our room.

Brunch at Cafe Americano.

I've been thinking about this breakfast burrito since last year and it was just as good as I remembered.

It's a little where's waldo, but do you see the two lizards?

Don't they look like mini dinosaurs? 

And just like that our vacation is over and we are back at the airport.

Our flight was a little delayed, but we know how to pass the time.

After a long travel day we got home just before midnight and picked up Manny on Sunday morning. 

Our dog sitter said Manny was so sweet and his only complaint was he couldn't cuddle Manny more, aw!

He deserved a pup cup after that report card.

There's no place like home. 

G went to our neighbors' house, but I stayed home because I wasn't feeling well (and good thing I did, but more on that next week).

Manny and I cheered on the Lions, but the game was too stressful to watch.

"The thought life is always worth protecting." 

Exciting times.

So proud of the Lions.

The perfectionist in me needed to hear this.

It's true.

Bahaha.

I love a fresh start, but I think it also makes January feel like a lot and drag on.

It's funny because it's true.

Doh.

This is why I'm not a therapist. 

I'm shook.

For more life lately:

Week 4 of 2023 Part One and Two 

Week 4 of 2022

Week 4 of 2021

Week 4 of 2020

Week 4 of 2019

No comments: