Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Life Lately: Week 5

 This is what the past week looked like.

I felt tired and had a scratchy throat Sunday so I went to bed early and by Monday I had a fever, aches, chills, and the worst sore throat of my life. 

To say it was rough re-entry after vacation is an understatement. 

My week truly was powered by DayQuil and NyQuil.

G even worked from home because he was worried about me.

I've never been this sick before, oof.

By Wednesday I still wasn't getting better so my mom suggested I call the doctor and they wanted me to come in.

They gave me a flu, COVID, and RSV test and told me to keep resting and drinking liquids.

Since my doctor is next to Starbucks I had G place a mobile order for a little treat.

Desperate times call for a Medicine Ball, you know? :)

In the shock of all shocks (I was convinced I had the flu), the doctor told me I tested positive for Covid.

FOUR YEARS of not getting Covid and it finally got me.

If I ever needed a fun mail day this was the day so thank you, Kate!

The only two things that sounded good were soup and quiche.

G picked up quiche from our local bakery and that was a lifesaver this week.

Chicken Noodle Soup prep.

Hit. The. Spot.

I finally started feeling better on Thursday and stayed up past 7 p.m. for the first time all week, ha!

Manny has been so worried about me and following me around all week.

All my library holds came in at the same time and it's like my library knew I was going to be quarantined and have lots of time to read.

I finally felt well enough to take Manny for a little walk and the fresh air felt incredible. 

Finding his spot in the sun.

Banana pancakes just sounded so good.

5:22 p.m.

5:52 p.m.

Sleeping separate. 

Eating all the fruits and veggies to kick this thing.

Happy February! 

G brought me flowers, swoon.

Manny's new treats are heart shaped which feels appropriate as we enter Valentine's Day season.

He's obsessed with me right now.

So much TV was consumed this weekend.

Housewives (Merce in the purse lol!), Vanderpump (looks like a good season), Paris in Love (in season 2 and it's still so good), and American Nightmare (still shook from this doc).

G made beef strog which is such a comfort on a cold day.

My little snug bug.

The ice is starting to melt.

Yes.

Love!

Lol.

Dry shampoo is the best invention ever.

It's funny because it's true.

For more life lately:

Week 5 of 2019

Week 5 of 2020

Week 5 of 2021

Week 5 of 2022

Week 5 of 2023

No comments: