Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Life Lately: Week 5

 This is what the past week looked like.

"Whatever occupies your mind the most becomes your god." 

Convicting!

Avocado toast.

Greek bowls are a favorite lunch.

Vanilla skies.

Sushi is always a good idea.

The restaurant we went for G's birthday reposted my insta post.

I'm instagram famous, haha!

We have so many cloudy days in winter and it makes me appreciate the sun even more.

A little burned, but still obsessed with banana pancakes.

Love my Aldi inspirational calendar.

I enjoyed the 46 degrees while it lasted...

Spoiler: Lots of snow pics coming soon.

Taco Tuesday.

The groom of our premarital couple is from South Africa too and he brought over rusks.

We dipped them in our decaf coffee while we went through the curriculum. 

Such a fun treat!

G said they tasted just like the ones he ate growing up.

My brother posted this on his insta and it made me laugh.

G and I were all comfy on the couch while we worked and watched the snow fall.

It's pretty when I don't have to go anywhere.

G organized his closed and donated four bags of clothes.

I organized my closet and donated two bags of clothes.

So pretty.

Manny is just always cold in winter.

Me too, pup.

Hot tub views.

Sheet pan meals are so easy and so delicious.

Morning skies.

I love our backyard.

Friday selfie with a sneak peek of the bulletin board I'm working on.

Sometimes I just crave a tuna sandwich.

I went out to drinks at Stober's (the oldest bar in Lansing!).

I tried a ginger ale and whiskey and it was delightful.

The bar was flanked by Merlin the Magician. 

Disco ball spotting.

It was fun hanging out with my new work friend.

Since I was trying new things she wanted me to try sipping on Patron (but they only had 1800) and it was not a favorite.

I like my liquor mixed to cut the intensity. 

The Lansing African Club was visiting and the guy next to us ordered red wine with orange juice in it.

He said the drink was a Ugandan drink and ordered us one to try as well.

It wasn't terrible.

Merlin was flanked by three gargoyles. 

Such a cool bar!

We got together with family on Saturday and Bennett was so excited to give G his present.

He had to cover his mouth so he wouldn't spoil the surprise, ha!

A Manchester United lego set!

Who was more excited?

G or Bennett?

My favorite girl.

Silly snap chats.

Bennett was so smitten with G and did not want him to leave.

Good cloud day.

Peachy sunset.

I decorated my tree for Valentine's Day.

The Olympics are back and I'm so excited!!!

My favorite part of the Opening Ceremony was the overall theme of unity and the John Lennon song.

That batman ear.

Winter vibes.

We had a lazy day Sunday watching all the Olympics.

And ate Chinese food.

A great end to a great weekend.

Yes!

So true.

Whew, isn't that the truth?

I am!

Reflecting on this verse all week.

And this verse too.

So happy for Stafford!

It's funny because it's true.

This made me laugh.

Right?!

Lol.

Ha!

Nobody warns you this happens when you get older.

Manny does this!

Is that too much to ask?

For more life lately:

Week 5 of 2019

Week 5 of 2020

Week 5 of 2021

No comments: