Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Life Lately: Week 4

 This is what the past week looked like.

The one where G turns 40!

My annual ophthalmology appointments were pushed to January because of a work trip, but both went so well.

I'm so glad G and I were staying in town because Monday ended up being quite the blizzard.

Also, the lavender latte was delicious and a great reward after a clean bill of health.

Back to the Airbnb to hop in the hot tub and enjoy the snowfall. 

Day 24 was biltong (a South African version of jerky) and he was so excited.

We walked downtown Royal Oak for lunch. 

The Spanish coffee at Tom's is amazing.

It hit the spot after a cold and snowy walk.

We couldn't decide on the lobster bisque or clam chowder so we got both.

The clam chowder was the winner.

We shared a super delicious sushi roll.

We got a sweet picture of Manny from the dog sitter.

I was obsessed with the bar stools, aren't they cute?

Mmm I want another Spanish coffee now.

Our AirBnb's coffee maker didn't work (so he gave us late check out which was very kind) so we grabbed coffee from Atomic Coffee for the next morning.

The walk back to our Airbnb. 

Pink salt!

We shared Tom's lobster carbonara for dinner and it was seriously one of the best pastas I've ever had.

We watched Don't Look Up.

G thought it was silly and I kinda liked it (and the MSU references!).

Tuesday morning was G's 40th birthday and we slept in and drank our lavender latte.

We shared a quiche before one more dip in the hot tub.

I have never been to Trader Joe's on a weekday and I've never seen it so empty.

Amazing!

The sweet cashier bought G flowers for his birthday.

Manny spotting as we were picking him up from the dog sitter.

Someone was happy to be home (and was ready to play!).

The birthday boy wanted Thai food and board games so that is what we did.

25 days of cards and gifts!

My favorite part of Trader Joe visits is the fun lunch items we get to eat throughout the week.

This burrito was delicious (and G loved it with chutney - one of his 25 gifts).

Vanilla skies.

Strawberries are a favorite with breakfast.

This salad was so yummy.

This book was weird, but really well written and I loved how it ended.

This quote from the book was my absolute favorite.

Snacky lunch.

Pink sunrise skies.

Taco Bowl bowls are perfect are on busy weeknights.

These Aldi candles were too pretty not to purchase.

Sushi with a sweet friend I haven't seen in a while.

Manny rebelled since I wasn't home (and I'm ALWAYS home) by taking the blanket off the couch.

Sunset walk with Manny.

Sometimes you just need pizza on a Friday night.

We talked about painting this built in.

What color should we paint it? 

Navy blue? White?

We watched the new docuseries about Hugh Hefner...

Wow.

It's way darker than I ever imagined.

Tacos!

Sunday snugs.

Sunday supper is G's famous spaghetti.

Good reminder.

I love this.

Yes!

Bahaha.

So funny.

I can't believe I grew up in this chaos, ha!

For more life lately:

Week 4 of 2021

Week 4 of 2020

Week 4 of 2019

No comments: