Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Life Lately: Week 52

 This is what the last week of the year looked like.

It was a Christmas miracle to be sitting on the porch in December.

I'll take this weather all winter long please and thanks.

I was still sick and G caught what I had so even though we tested negative for Covid, we thought it best to keep our germs to ourselves and not see family for Christmas. 

We had major FOMO though and it just didn't feel like Christmas, but it was nice to video chat everyone.

We did a lot of laying around...err...resting. 

We took a little walk and saw this cute Santa on a boat.

Very appropriate for the lake, right?

More laying around and Manny was here for it.

G made homemade mac and cheese for our Christmas dinner.

And we binged all the Jurassic World and Jurassic Park movies.

Gratitude journaling and feeling healthy by Tuesday (because of course).

I made Asian Sesame Chicken in the slow cooker.

What a weirdo. 

New hair and I'm loving it.


I met up with a sweet friend for sushi after my hair appointment.

Hosted fun friends for dinner and a game night.

Pizza!

We learned Hearts and G wasn't a fan. ;)

Snoozing on my slipper.

This was a cute little read.

Five swans swimming.

Can you spot them?

These Aldi gouda egg bites were delightful.

The freezer was in desperate need of a purge and looks so much better now.

The Big Boo Cast told me to watch Paris in Love so I did and it's fantastic. 

We found some brats and fries in the great freezer clean out of 2023.

Good cloud day.

We watched the new Little Mermaid and it was SO GOOD.

Halle Berry's version of Part of Your World is incredible. 

Hot take: Aldi hash browns are better than McDonald's hash browns.

New Years Eve nails.

Another day, another snoozing pup on my slippers.

I can't believe we did it! 

G and I finished the Bible in a year with The Bible Recap reading plan.

It was such a blessing to us both and we learned so much.

Speaking of books... How appropriate I read 23,000 pages in 2023.

"Little needs are real needs."

Your. Whole. Life. Is. Art.

12.31.23

Good reminder.

I love a New Year and a fresh slate.

Yes to all of this.

Good questions to reflect on for the year.

Love this.

Best line in a movie in my opinion. 

May we live in very uninteresting times, lol.

This is my issue and why I don't go out on NYE. 

It's funny because it's true.

I feel seen.

Bahaha.

And adds a timer, ha!

I can't stop laughing at this.

Lol.

For more life lately:

Week 52 of 2019

Week 52 of 2020

Week 52 of 2021

Week 52 of 2022

No comments: