Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Life Lately: Week 51

 This is what the past week looked like.

Winter wonderland. 

Coffee time.

In my hot chocolate era. 

It finally happened.

I haven't been sick in 2.5 years and was starting to feel invincible, but I was taken down by a nasty cold this week.

Zicam helped get rid of my sore throat, but I still felt achy, stuffy and hit by a bus.

G and I usually play cards before or after dinner, but since I wasn't up for that we played Battle Ship so I could lay on the couch.

I usually work in my office, but with this sickness I pivoted and worked from the living room couch with Christmas movies playing in the background.

It was quite delightful.

G made pesto pasta for dinner and I was in bed by 8 p.m. 

I think he's stir crazy from not getting a walk in a few days.

I loved the Barbie movie (and the important message!) so much.

Shortest day of the year.

My sweet neighbor brought over her famous chicken noodle soup and it fed G and I for dinner all week.

So thankful and so touched by her thoughtfulness. 

We don't live on a vacation home lake because every single house had lights on across the lake and it was a cozy sight.

Candy cane lane.

I gave myself a Christmas pedicure. 

Christmas Eve brunch.

All is calm, all is bright.

We finished opening the advent wine calendar I found at a craft show randomly, but still have a few bottles in the fridge to enjoy.

The verdict? I liked this one better than the Aldi advent wine calendar because the wines have all been really delicious (and dry).

I like the prosecco in the Aldi version, but the Aldi one had too many sweet wines for my liking.

I opened the Weather Channel app and saw this, lol.

This was my first first reads and I really enjoyed this book, the message, and the Broadway musical references.

Fave quote:

"Sometimes when I'm not sure which direction to go, I think about what I was doing the last time I was happy and try to do some more of that."

I like this Walmart foaming soap more than Bath and Body Works foaming soap.

A classic.

G made his mom's beef strog for our Christmas Eve supper.

I love this! 

My sweet friends' postponed our favorite things party to January since I was sick this week so we are kinda doing this. 

"I hope you find time this week to sit silently in front of your life and contemplate how magical it really is before we turn the page and greet a New Year."

YES.

It's so true, right?

"Nobody stumbles into a well lived life. It has to be cultivated. Reflection and review are critical."

I love the sparkle of the Christmas lights and the Christmas music, but I'm definitely more of a Fourth of July girlie.

This really resonated with me as I've been recapping and reflecting on 2023.

Post coming next week!

I want to have the courage to slow down and put the phone down and be fully present.

I never thought of it before, but why doesn't Mrs. Claus have a first name?

Me too, Kevin.

Haha.

We all want that work from home life.

Uncle Frank is the worst.

Lol.

Definitely sounds like a cousin. 

Love it.

It's funny because it's true.

For more life lately:

Week 51 of 2019

Week 51 of 2020

Week 51 of 2021

Week 51 of 2022

1 comment:

Anne said...

I LOVED the Barbie movie. I had poo-poo'd it, but when my brother told me he loved it and even had a little tear, I knew I had to see it, and loved it too! Can't believe we're at the end of another year already!?!