Thursday, December 21, 2023

Life Lately: Week 50

 This is what the past week looked like.

Manny looked so dapper in his new sweater...

Fast forward a few hours later and the sweater is around his booty...

What the heck happened?

A sweet neighbor stopped by with homemade bread and it has elevated breakfast.

The lake is icing over (nooooo!).

Sheet pan dinner.

Met G for lunch while I was in the area.

Gorgeous sunrise on my way into work.

New Holland is feeling festive.

Fun lunch with fun coworkers. 

The Milton is gorgeous.

Digging the Christmas lights in the auditorium for our last department meeting of the year.

Happy hour at work.

A gorgeous sunset as I left work.

The sunrises this week though.

Ice, ice baby.

Dad jokes are told here.

Cheers to a Ella and Bennett sleepover!

We picked up the kids at a halfway spot and kicked off the fun with lunch at our favorite diner.

Ella and G in an intense game of tic tac toe.

Serious selfies. 

Ring the bell for great service.

My heart is melted.

Coffee pit stop.

We took the kids to Meijer to continue our annual tradition of letting them pick any toy they want.

A girl and her slime: a love story.

Of course Benny chose Legos. 

They scored new slippers too because we couldn't resist.

Benny loves Manny.

Face masks in the hot tub for a spa moment.

See also: Lifeguard Manny reporting for duty.

McDonalds is always a good idea (and we all got the same thing, ha!).

Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza is such a fun game.

We had competitive moments, but I'll remember how much we laughed.

He finished his Lego because of course he did.

Hot cocoa time.

It's all about the marshmallows. 

Foot masks and a little Taylor Swift dance party.

We watched Home Sweet Home Alone.

Morning snuggles.

Coloring with under eye masks because we are all about self care over here.

Coloring during coffee.

Took our hot tub experience up a level.

We met halfway again for the exchange and my parents joined too for lunch.

The company and the food were excellent.

Wiped out from the best weekend.

This resonated with me because my therapist and I were just talking about noticing after it's all said and done (and after all the worrying) we meet the deadlines because we are strong and capable so it's important to believe that.

To bring that belief into focus and realize we don't need to worry because we are capable.



This is also a good reminder because as my therapist and I work through my anxiety she is constantly reminding me it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Jesus re-enacting everything that went wrong in the Garden is still blowing my mind.

Agreed. :)

For more life lately:

Week 50 of 2019

Week 50 of 2020

Week 50 of 2021

Week 50 of 2022

No comments: