Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Life Lately: Week 50

 This is what the past week looked like.

Peach skies as I pulled into my parent's driveway. 

My mom served chicken burrito bowls for dinner.

Then my sweet parents drove me to the airport.

The Detroit airport was so festive.

It really was so pretty.

Off to St. Louis for my first work trip!

Skating snowman.

This was cool.

The whole tunnel was strobe lights put to Trans-Siberian Orchestra music.

We arrived safely in St. Louis and a gift basket was awaiting me in my hotel room.

So many fun snacks made in St. Louis.

After a day of meetings, we met a supplier at Stoney River for dinner.

My steak was delicious, but the steak rolls and whiskey shrimp stole the show for me.

Root Beer for breakfast since I couldn't take it on the plane.

We passed a pretty river at sunrise on our way to our next supplier visit.

Box lunch before our flight home.

I joked my suppliers aren't in ideal places for winter travel, but we had pretty amazing weather while I was in St. Louis.

That's a wrap on a very full, productive few days away.

Three cheers for easy, uneventful flights.

My parents picked me up at the airport and we went to J. Alexander's for dinner.

Their Fleur-de Lis is one of my favorites (and so pretty!).

They took their club sandwich off the menu (it was the best!), but the haddock was pretty delicious.

We came back to my parents' house after dinner and enjoyed a glass of wine and watched Greenland (recommend!).

I spent the night at my parents' house and then drove into work on Thursday for a supplier visit.

The bonus about being at work on a Thursday is free lunch.

Blue skies and turquoise waters.

We had a virtual happy hour and my "table" was the best.

My face hurt from laughing so hard.

Good times.

My supplier brought this candy from Germany and G is obsessed.

Fun new wines to try.

Pink skies.

He is so handsome in his Christmas sweater.

Snowy Saturday.

But it was in the 30s so I bundled up to enjoy my coffee on the porch.

Coffee just tastes better outside.

G made us an omelet with his new pan.

It looks like I have dog leg, ha!

Christmas cocktail.

He loves a good fire.

Since G got new pans we didn't know where to put them so we took everything out of the cupboards, wiped them down and reorganized.

It feels good to have organization again.

Sunday afternoon was spent watching Christmas movies.

The sweetest.

"May your soul feel its worth."

I love this so much!

Hahaha.

I never thought about this before, but it's true.

Ugh it's never going to end.

I love a good dad joke.

Lol.



Noooo, please no!

This made me laugh.


Haha yep.

For more life lately:

Week 50 of 2019

Week 50 of 2020

No comments: