Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Life Lately: Week 51

 This is what the past week looked like.

Treated myself to Starbucks sous vide egg bites after getting my flu shot.

Dill pickle salad is *chef's kiss.*

On the way to our premarital mentor leaders' home we were instructed to drive to the end of their street and WOW.

This house took my breath away and put a big smile on my face.

I can't upload it here for some reason, but check it out on my insta stories @learningtobeawife.

Our sweet mentor leaders' hosted all the premarital mentors over for a Christmas party.

We had Raising Cane's for dinner and it was delicious.

We did a gift exchange and laughed a lot.

Breakfast obsession: half of an Everything bagel with Laughing Cow cheese, an egg and avocado.

Yum.

Protein smoothie after a great swim.

Flatbread from the brewery downtown.

"Do not fear your weakness, for it is the stage on which My power and Glory perform most brilliantly."

The lake is icing over (again).

This book was so cute.

Fave quotes:

"You helped me see that home is not a place. It's people. It's the people you choose to invest in, believe in - the people you let hold your heart."

"New Year, new me? Nope. New year. Same me. Better choices."

"We're bright individually, but we're shinier together."

Manny is Christmas ready after a trip to the groomers.

I swam three times this week and it makes me so happy.

G has been enjoying it too so swimming together makes me even happier. 

This lunch is amazing and you must try it.

Cauliflower rice with hummus, avocado, tomatoes, cucumber and air fried falafel. 

See also: I'm getting the hang of the air fryer. :)

Manny and I went for an extra long walk before the big snow storm and enjoyed the Christmas lights.

It sure put me in the Christmas spirit. 

Caught him mid yawn, ha!

Frozen tundra with high winds...

And frigid temperatures.

Brrrr!

Manny and I camped out on the couch during the storm...

Sipping tea...

And watching all the Christmas movies.

A Holiday Spectacular and Falling for Christmas were so cute!

Those ears though.

G and I were behind on our cheese Advent calendar so we opened them up and chose a gouda cheese to make omelets for breakfast. 

Holiday mimosa.

We watched all the classics like Home Alone, Home Alone 2, Elf, Jingle Jangle (a new fave on Netflix), and Die Hard (lol).

Let it snow.

Santa spotting.

Manny jumped up on the bay window to see Santa too, aw!

We wish you a Merry Christmas.

Christmas didn't go as we planned...

The roads were icy, cars were in ditches, and then we hit a white out and turned around and came home.

G found some ribs in the freezer to eat with his potatoes we were supposed to bring to my parents' and we had a quiet Christmas at home. 

Don't forget the reason for the season. 

A few of my favorite things.

Love this.

Trying to embrace winter, but I'm ready for summer. ;)

I want this for all of us in 2023.

It was Red Lobster for us. 

Bahahaha.

Mind. Blown.

It sure has.

It's funny because it's true.

This made me laugh way too hard.

My dad sent me this because it reminded him of Manny.

He knows Manny so well.

LOL.

Sounds about right.

ELITE.

Ha!


This made me laugh out loud.

For more life lately:

Week 51 of 2019

Week 51 of 2020

Week 51 of 2021

No comments: