Friday, December 28, 2012

Resolution Update

I set resolutions in January and as the year comes to a close let’s see how I did!


1. Continue to cook at least five times a week and limit eating out to once a week. Utilize the new crockpot and cook healthy, easy meals. Did I ever utilize the crockpot this year! It is my favorite thing since Laughing Cow cheese. I cooked the most I ever have this year and I am proud of that. We had our busy weeks where we ate out more nights than not, but overall I think I came along way in this area and strive to continue to cook five times a week next year as well. Of all the recipes I made this year, Salsa Chicken was the winner. It was by far the easiest, healthiest, most delicious meal I made and we eat this once a week.

2. Continue to work at being the healthiest you possible. Workout at least five times a week and take the 80/20 approach and eat healthy 80% of the time while allowing yourself some splurges. I was successful in the sense that I do workout at least five times a week switching between The Shred, P90X, the elliptical and running. I think my healthy eating part of the resolution was a fail. I am so mad at myself that I gained this year instead of lost, but I will be in the best shape of my life next year. I WILL! This is just more motivation to have the healthiest year ever next year.


3. Do at least three crafts from Pinterest this year. If you classify a craft as also house projects that I found on Pinterest I did four with Garth’s help. We tackled the spray painting project, the canvas wall art, crown molding painting (Part 1 and 2) and I did the Rag Wreath. That is success in my book and I can't wait to take on a few more next year. Visions of painting the office, spray painting all the kitchen knobs and making more wreaths dance through my head.

4. Read the Bible in a year using this plan. On track to finish this goal and maybe the one resolution I am most proud of this year. I’m in Revelation right now and on track to finish on December 31st. I loved doing this so much I plan to reread a different translation next year like The Message.

5. Do at least three devotionals this year. I am currently starting with So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore and The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. Completed! I read So Long Insecurity, The Power of a Praying Wife, and Love and War.

6. Memorize Scripture using the DailyBible app. I read the daily verse on my app, but I failed to memorize which I should have. FAIL. This one will stay on the list for next year!

7. Do not take yourself so seriously. Laugh more. Live in the moment. Discipline yourself to pray first instead of worry first. Be thankful. Don't be so hard on yourself. This one is a work in progress. I am growing leaps and bounds in this area, but there is room for improvement on this one as well. I need to get to a point where it is second nature that I pray first and not worry. I am hard on myself, sometimes too hard and I need to work on that too. I think I am good at not taking myself too seriously. I do think I am living in the moment better than I used to and I am thankful. I definitely learned to be thankful this year. Reading Hole in theGospel rocked my little world and made me more aware, more grateful, more generous. It was an eye opening experience.

Did you make resolutions this year? Did you do well keeping them? Overall, I think I was successful. Much better than years past. I look forward to even more success and positive changes in the new year to be the best me I can be.

3 comments:

Linnea said...

Great job with your goals! I was thinking of reading So Long Insecurity. I hope you have a great New Year.

Elizabeth said...

Great Job!!
I am determined to read through the Bible myself! I am thinking of downloading the One Year Bible on my Kindle.

Amanda said...

Great job! I have on my list to read the Bible for 2013 and hope the plan you used will help.