Thursday, October 1, 2026

Life Lately: Week 39

This is what the past week looked like.


The day gently fading into the water.


10/10 highly recommend this cheese.


I added the Cheddarella to my eggs and it seriously elevated breakfast.


I also highly recommend this book and wish I read it ten years ago.

Favorite quotes:

"If you work for money, you give the power to the employer. If money works for you, you keep the power and control."

"It is what you know that is your greatest wealth. It is what you do not know that is your greatest risk."

"Rich dad believed the words 'I can't afford it' shut down your brain. 'How do I afford it?' opens up possibilities, excitement, and dreams."

"'You become what you study.' In other words, be careful what you learn."


Celebrated M's gotcha day with a pup cup.


The view from the boat with our sweet premarital couple who are now almost three years married...


And a zoomed out picture my neighbor took of the sunset (and you can see our boat on the far right).


A weird lunch combo that somehow worked: falafel, cottage cheese, rice, and broccoli. 


Still swimming and recruited more people to join us. :)


A little Olive Garden catchup with a dear friend.


A long, but productive library board meeting made even sweeter with a well-deserved cookie.


Better late than never, but we finally had G's team over because some traditions are too good to skip.


G works with the kindest...


And funniest people. :)


Our cutie house during a full moon.


Bonfire season is here.


Coffee snuggles with M.


It gets dark so early now that boat rides are reserved for weekends now.


Find the beauty in the mundane.


Just keep swimming.


Took advantage of the grilling weather.


I can't believe I'm still floating, but I'm not complaining (and might be a little crazy).


First time going to a gender reveal and it started with shots. 


Voted girl, ate good, had a great time.

The big reveal...


Or so we thought, ha!


The real reveal was the gift and it's a girl (I was right)!


Loved every second of this summer and already looking forward to the next one.


Good question.


The more you know.


Food for thought.


100 percent.

Focus on what you can control.


Convicting.

The man in the arena.


Perspective shift.


It's true.


Nothing like the excitement of new Taylor music.


I feel so old.


It's funny because it's true.


I feel seen.


Yep.


Silly workday.

My therapist has said this to me!


Seriously. 

For more life lately:






No comments: