Snug as a bug.
Kinda weird combo, but I mixed white rice, falafel, cottage cheese, and Brussels sprouts and it was delicious.
My neighbor’s dog was my little sidekick and insisted on joining my meetings.
"Comparison is the thief of joy, but it seems that comparison is also the thief of faith."
Channeling all the cozy vibes on this rainy day.
Another random but surprisingly delightful meal: grilled chicken marinated in Italian dressing with some Lazy Food pasta.
Hard to believe the water temperature was 81° over Labor Day weekend, dropped to 71° by Monday, and was down to 69° by Sunday!
Recycled photo, but I had to document my last float of the season on Tuesday, September 15.
Love a midweek dinner with my parents - always nice to spend some quality time with them, plus I got to pick up my mom’s cake for a baby shower I was co-hosting.
An evening sky over the lake.
Office selfie.
Putting my decorating skills to work for the sweetest coworker’s baby shower.
My coworkers are seriously so creative - this char-“cutie” board was almost too pretty to eat…
I said almost!
And these gorgeous flower arrangements?
Straight from my coworker’s own garden.
And my mom made the cake, which was the sweetest touch.
Everyone seriously brought their A-game when it came to the food!
After work, I met up with a friend at Cafe Rica for a little midweek catch-up.
Brought dinner home, only to realize we were out of ranch, so naturally, I improvised and made my own with Greek yogurt and a ranch seasoning packet (and it did the trick!).
Snuck away for a little boat ride while the sun was shining.
I had such a love/hate relationship with this book.
I absolutely adored the story and all the When Harry Met Sally parallels, but I hated that I had to scan a QR code to read the ending.
Favorite quotes:
"I prefer the solitude of an unfamiliar place to the loneliness of not recognizing myself in a familiar one."
"You can make anything as complicated as you want it to be. The trick is knowing what to let be uncomplicated."
"With everyone else, I feel like I have to be on or ready, but being with you feels like being alone, but better. I didn't know that was possible."
Coffee just hits different on a rainy Saturday morning.
The older he gets, the fewer cuddles I get, so I was soaking up every second of this one.
I didn’t choose the brunch life, the brunch life chose me.
Added a few little fall touches around the house...
Sprinkled a few pumpkins around too.
…and added a Halloween sign for good measure.
The result?
Extra cozy vibes.
My neighbors really are the best!
One picked up my favorite cottage cheese at Costco, and another grabbed a tea they thought I’d like.
Feeling very spoiled by the sweetest people.
Manny understood the assignment and spent the rainy weekend doing exactly what he does best: resting.
Hot take: swimming in the rain is actually elite.
Indian food and crisp fall weather are truly a match made in heaven.
Watched RHOSC (strong start to the season!), The Last Thing He Told Me (started a little slow, but I’m getting into it), and Your Friends & Neighbors (season 1 was definitely better).
Now we’re giving Presumed Innocent a try.
For more life lately:



No comments:
Post a Comment