Monday, March 11, 2024

Life Lately: Week 9 (Part 2!)

This is what the second half of the week looked like.

You can catch part one here.

Coffee tastes better on vacation. 

Michigan is so gray and brown right now so seeing sunshine and bright flowers was rejuvenating.

Still not over the palm trees.

Pacific Beach is a surf town and I'm here for it.

If you zoom you can see all the surfers.

It was quite the scene to behold.

Surfs up.

Tourmaline Surfing Beach was a great spot to watch surfers.

It's known to be a great spot for beginner surfers and G and I nicknamed it Wipeout Beach.

This ahi tuna bowl from JRDN was one of the best things I ate on this trip.

This spicy mango marg was my favorite drink of the trip.

This sushi was pretty epic as well.

The seals in La Jolla are cuuuuute.

I mean, I cannot with the cuteness.

Obsessed.

They are noisy though. :)

G's Aperol spritz was my second favorite drink of the trip.

That view though.

Lunch at Georges at the Cove

One of the reviews from a local said she takes out of town guests here and tells them to get the black bean soup and fish tacos so I did what I was told and don't regret a thing.

When I booked the reservation I mentioned we were celebrating our anniversary so our sweet server brought us champagne at the end of our meal.

Walking around town and window shopping is a vacation must.

I could watch the seals all day long.

California, you're stunning.

Good beach day.

Hiking at Torrey Pines.

Good cloud day. 

Same.

Espresso Martini at PB Ale House.

Then we bar hopped over to PB Shore Club for another drink and better views.

Tater tots are my love language. 

Another perfect beach day.

Beach reading is all I wanna do.

Quintessential Pacific Beach.

Qdoba at the airport.

Sad to go home.

Manny's sitter lives close to Horrocks so we made a quick pit stop for groceries (and their pizza!).

The wind in his ears though.

There's no place like home.

Reunited and it feels so good.

Happy March!

YES.

"Slowly and lightly, one step at a time. You can get there."

My friend shared this question in our text string - Did you have control of your thoughts today? 

It's a good way to make sure we are being intentional with our thoughts.

Hahaha.

It's all about perspective.

Feels right.

For more life lately:

Week 9 of 2019

Week 9 of 2020

Week 9 of 2021

Week 9 of 2022

Week 9 of 2023

No comments: