Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Life Lately: Week 5

This is what the past week looked like.

You can catch the last few days in Miami here and here.

Waking up to THIS.

This picture doesn't even do it justice because the sunrise looks like a huge ball of fire is coming up from the ocean and it never ceases to take my breath away.

Good cloud day.

This car started as we were walking by and it sounded like a cat purring.

I sure didn't expect to have the best breakfast burrito of my life (or the best sausage link of my life for that matter) at Café Americano.

See also: poached eggs are G's new favorite thing.

Joe and the Juice smoothie for our beach day.

The burrata pizza from Italian Trattoria was PHENOMENAL.

Give me all the burrata. 

Just another...

Day in...

Paradise.

We had a few hours before we had to check out of our hotel so we spent it at the beach, of course.

I finished this book and loved it.

10/10 recommend this beach read.

G accidently ordered a drink as big as his head, ha!

(See the water glass to the right of his drink for perspective.)

G's burger from Birdcage Café is in our top 5 burgers of all time.

WOW.

My fish tacos were pretty fantastic as well.

Shots came with the bill, lol.

MIA airport, wahhhh.

I don't wanna leave.

We grabbed a drink and played cards while we waited to board.

We grabbed hot dogs from Nathan's Famous and they were delightful. 

Reunited!

G's family gave him Battleship for his birthday and we've been playing and listening to classical music.

Very relaxing.

Doesn't it look like he's smiling?

Hello winter.

It's been a shock to the system after 80 degrees and sunshine.

So proper.

After eating at the Versace mansion we started the American Crime Story series about the Versace assignation.

Is it violent and giving me nightmares? Yes.

Am I going to keep watching it because of the Versace mansion and South Beach scenes? Also yes.

Cheers to a fun day with G's sister and her husband before they head back to France.

They had never been to hibachi and wanted to try it so we went to Hibachi House.

Such a delicious and lovely lunch.

We went to G's mom's house and picked up some things G wanted to keep like all these amazing pictures below.

Fun fact: this tent G is standing next to is the tent we took on our camping trips

He proposed to me outside this tent.

Aw!

I love this picture of his mom.

We laughed so hard at G sporting an earring.

Look at that handsome stud.

Teenage heartthrob. 

G learned his love for floating at an early age, ha!

This picture of baby G and his parents is the sweetest.

His parents look so happy here.

G was at a cricket game and got his bat autographed by Pakistani bowlers Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, and Fanie De Villiers.

The autograph closest to the top is a fun story...

He ran up to Fanie De Villiers as he was getting ready to drive away and G asked for an autograph. 

He obliged and asked G for a pen.

G didn't have a pen so De Villiers started to drive away, then he stopped the car and yelled back to see if G found a pen.

G looked to his mom and she pulled eyeliner from her purse and he signed the bat with it!

Ice skater spotting.

I loved The Real World New Orleans.

Julie was my favorite cast member so imagine my delight when I watched House Hunters and saw her on my screen buying a lake house in Wisconsin. 

My SIL sent this to me and said "this is totally us."

LOL.

This is so accurate.

YES.

I sent this to G because this is so him.

Eek!

But mostly number one.

For more life lately: 

Week 5 of 2019

Week 5 of 2020

Week 5 of 2021

Week 5 of 2022

No comments: