Friday, February 3, 2023

Life Lately: Week 4 (Part 1)

This is what the past week looked like.

We woke up bright and early in our cute Airbnb for coffee.

I had my annual retinal check up in Royal Oak which is part of the reason we stayed overnight.

I've been going to the same doctor for twelve years and he's the best so I rather make a little fun trip out of it and make the drive once a year. 

To celebrate a great appointment we went to Toast in Birmingham (per tradition except usually my mom goes with me so I felt like I was cheating on her!).

The espresso martini is my new favorite drink.

I had the bacon fried rice bowl with rice, bacon, avocado, pickled veggies, onion strings, and sunny side eggs. 

YUM.

G's poutine was pretty fantastic too.

Off to one of our favorite cities - Miami!

We haven't been since 2019!

2018 Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3

(We planned this trip in the fall and never imagined that G's mom would pass right before our trip, but it was healing to get away during this time).

We left cold Michigan where they had to de-ice our plane (but how fun does that job look?).

I watched Don't Worry Darling and it was a wild ride (after skipping the first half hour because SHEESH the sex scenes) and I had to know how it ended.

I loved the 2021 version of Cinderella that I watched on the way home way more (especially this scene!).

Three hours later we were in 77 degree weather sitting outside at Front Porch Café.

I had the breakfast burrito and it was good, but G's corn beef hash was better.

Our room still wasn't ready yet so we walked over to Highbar.

Ahhh the ocean is just as beautiful as ever.

Happy hour margs.

Our view for the next eight days at The Royal Palm

We spent a few blissful hours on the beach soaking up the warm weather and SUNSHINE.

This view did not get old.

Keep palm and carry on.

Aww walking into the SLS again gave me all the feels from the last time we were in Miami

We ate at Katsuya and the truffle tuna and spicy salmon was INCREDIBLE. 

The asparagus fries were even more delicious.

Sake shots! 

The grilled avocado was delicious..

And the first time I tried sea urchin and it was salty and buttery amazingness. 

You know you're in Miami when you see fancy cars. 

The first sunrise of the trip. 

Pretty spectacular! 

Good cloud day.

"Because independence is looking in the mirror and liking what you see."

Paradise. 

Cheers to G's 41st birthday! 

Lunch at The Social Club was yummy.

Espresso martinis are my jam. 

Best sound in the world.

Don't mind if I do.

Pursue happiness. 

Happy hour at Sweet Liberty

The cauliflower nachos were one of my favorite things I ate on this trip.

The nachos were even better than this burger (which was in our top 5 burgers of all time the last two times we were in Miami) so that's saying something.

But this time it was kinda soggy, but the tots were just as good as I remember.

Birthday dessert for the birthday boy.

See also: we aren't really dessert people but this brownie ice cream sundae was incredible and we ate the whole thing.

Twinkle lights. 

Oh, hello.

There is so much to see when you're walking around Miami.

The beginning...

Of an...

Epic sunrise. 

On our way to Gianni's Restaurant

G was reading up on the history of the Versace mansion and apparently Rockefeller's accountant's son was inspired by Christopher Columbus' son's house in the West Indies and rumor has it he took two bricks from Columbus' house and one of those bricks is in the bottom right of the Versace mansion entrance. 

Such a beautiful house...

I MEAN!

And now I need to watch The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story.

Drinks with the best seat in the house.

This artichoke salad was so incredible that I plan to replicate it at home. 

But the burrata was even more delicious (and I didn't think that was possible!). 

The spinach and ricotta ravioli was chef's kiss. 

Champagne is the best way to end a meal.

The dessert was G's favorite part of the whole meal. 

Another epic beach day after an epic lunch. 

So nice to see flowers again.

Ocean Drive.


I heart Cuban food (from Havana 1957).

This is getting long so stay tuned for part 2 of our Miami trip.  

No comments: