Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Mom and Lindsey's Day of Fun!

I hope you say the title just like Janice from Friends.

Last week I had my annual ophthalmology appointments since having eye surgery eight (!!) years ago.



My mom and I usually make a day of it and this year was no exception.

Since my first appointment is at 7 a.m. I spent the night at my parents. We enjoyed happy hour and my mom made chicken pot pie. Yum! It was a lovely evening.

 
The next morning my first appointment went great and then we headed to Toast in Birmingham for brunch because tradition. How adorable are Birmingham houses?


We celebrated a great first appointment with bellini mimosas. Yum!


My mom and I shared a Greek omelet, bacon fried rice, and cinnamon challah bread. It was as good as it sounds.


I love Birmingham houses and my mom was such a trooper to walk around in the cold and look at the pretty houses.


We grabbed Starbucks.


And took a selfie. I had one more doctor appointment and then we shopped until we dropped. Costco, cake decorating store, Trader Joe's. We did it all! We always have so much fun together.


We went to lunch at Vinsetta Garage and it was so good. I had the lamb burger with tzatziki sauce, feta, onion, fried chili on a burger bun. OHHH EEEMMMM GEEEE! I want it again.


We stopped by our favorite Thai restaurant we aren't close to anymore since my parents moved to surprise G. I drove home and caught up with G and enjoyed a gorgeous sunset and yummy Thai food.

Such a special day! I look forward to it every year!



1 comment:

anneseverydaylife said...

Glad for a good eye report!