Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Life Lately: Week 48

This is what the past week looked like.



Flying to Miami!

Ok let me back up... 

We just had a crazy month of finding a lake house, our offer being accepted, putting our house on the market, losing the lake house, and taking our house off the market.

Whew.

I still can't believe it. 

All I know is it was stressful prepping the house for showings everyday and waiting for our house to sell/hoping a better offer didn't come in.

When I finally surrendered everything to God signs started popping up that we would lose the lake house and four days later it was official.

We had already celebrated Thanksgiving the weekend before and were planning to go to Traverse City for the holiday weekend like we usually do (since we wouldn't be packing and moving), but it was supposed to snow a lot (and it did) so laying on the beach was sounding better and better after a crazy stressful month. 


Needless to say, a trip to the beach to relax sounded so good.



Watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on the plane.



Blue skies and sunshine.



We stayed at the SLS Hotel and it was perfection.



The lobby was so eclectic.



In the elevator on our way to our room.



Such a pretty hotel room!



Room with a view.



Kicking off vacay with a mimosa flight at Social Club.



G and I shared a Greek omelet.

Delish.


Brid on a sugar high.



Sitting outside!!!

Insert all the praise hands.



Oh hey, buddy!



Pool time.



My happy place.



Bellini martinis at Front Porch Cafe were just as good as the last time.



There was so much fresh avocado on this breakfast burrito that it was one of my favorite meals of the trip.



Grapefruit mimosas are my jam.



Peekaboo sunset.



A lovely evening.



Happy hour at Katsuya.



The freshest, most delicious sushi I ever had.


And now I'm craving it.



A beautiful start to the day.



86 degrees and sunny is the perfect beach weather.



Farmer's Market.


Coffee on the beach just tastes better.



Ocean Drive.



Peach bellinis at Il Giardino.



The drinks were delicious, but the food was just okay.

I definitly chose this place for the atmosphere though so I regret nothing.



"
The ocean is my only medication
Wishing my condition ain't ever gonna go away" 
Zach Brown Band




You know you're in Miami when...



You see so many fancy cars.



Pursue Happiness.



Happy hour at Sweet Liberty.



G and I have talked about how amazing this burger was for over a year.

We were worried we had hyped it up too much, but it was EVERYTHING.

Best burger of all time and best tater tots EVER.



Another beautiful start to a beautiful day.


Toes in the water is the best.



Still not over the cute lifeguard stands.



Seas the day.



High tides and good vibes.



Cars made of sand.


People are so talented.



Broke one my vacay rules and went back to Front Porch Cafe.

I changed it up and had a watermelon martini.


Worth the second trip!!

It was just as good.



"Only worry in the world is the tide gonna rach my chair" 
Zach Brown Band



I love Miami!


1 comment:

Anne said...

Oh no! What happened with the house?? Although sounds like maybe for the best. Miami looks awesome :)