Thursday, November 29, 2018

Siblings Wine Weekend


Over Thanksgiving weekend my brothers, SIL, G and I rented a house in Traverse City and we had SO. MUCH. FUN.


We had a lovely Thanksgiving at my parents' new house. It was great seeing family we haven't seen in a while. This is the only picture I have from the whole day. It was nice to have my phone put away and just unplug and enjoy everyone's company.


Eric and Jess came back with us after Thanksgiving and spent the night. Friday morning we woke up bright and early and headed to Traverse City. TC twice in one month? Yes please!


We kicked off our trip with lunch at Apache Trout Grill which is one of our favorites. G and I convinced everyone to try the shrimp and lobster bisque and it was a hit.


After a yummy lunch we spent the day wine tasting on Old Mission. I posted this picture on Insta and it was funny how everyone wondered where Brad was, ha! He slept in and met up with us later.


We hit up Black Star Farms, Brys, Chateau Chantal, Mari, Penisula Cellars, Tabone, Bonobo and 2 Lads. I think my favorite of the day was Black Star. I like when they talk about the wine flavors and what pairs well and the wine is just really good.


 How gorgeous is this sunset at Chateau Chantal?


We went to dinner at Boathouse. I shared the fish with Brad and it was yummy. But the steak! G's steak was one of the best steaks I ever had. WOW! Highly recc!


We went back to our VRBO for the evening. It was so cute! It was clean, modern, comfortable and just perfect for all of us. We were on the water and couldn't wait to see the view in the morning.


The bed was so comfortable and now I'm obsessed with Dyson fans.


We were beat from a super full, fun day! We put our feet up and reminisced about our favorite meal and favorite wine.


We played cards for a while before calling it a night.

This is getting long so stay tuned for part 2!

No comments: