Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Life Lately: Week 37 (Part 2)

If you missed part one you can check it out here.

On to part two of mom and Lindsey's birthday weekend trip.

It's five o'clock somewhere. 

Good cloud day. 

Midcentury modern vibes in the lobby of Marina Grand.

Meanwhile at home G said Manny kept looking for me all weekend and it was cute, but also annoying.

Brunch at Brentwood Tavern.

We had the breakfast burrito and it was very flavorful.

Scrambled egg, chorizo, chihuahua cheese, potato, onion, pico de gallo wrapped in a flour tortilla and topped with tomatillo sauce.

We walked around New Buffalo and it is just the coolest town.

Be a Froot Loop in a world full of Cheerios.

Donut candles that look real.

Stay close to people who feel like sunshine. 

I love beach towns.

The bubble machine felt very whimsy and lured us into this store.

I wanted to buy everything in this room.

I heart Lake Michigan.

We had a late lunch at The Stray Dog Bar and Grill.

This cucumber martini was my favorite cocktail of the whole trip.

My mom and I shared all our meals and while I love ahi tuna, my mom is not a fan (or so she thought).

She wasn't too hungry so she agreed to try it (after I told her when G tried it in April it ended up being his favorite meal of our trip!).

This wasn't her favorite meal of the trip, but she did like it and would order it again and that's a win in my book.

We grabbed Oink's Ice Cream on the way to the beach.

83 degrees and sunny, another perfect beach day.

Swimming in Lake Michigan is very different (and harder!) then swimming in my little lake.

We had dinner at Terrace Room.

The ravioli was our favorite meal of the trip.

YUM.

Dinner with a view.

The check came with homemade Italian sugar cookies and they were delightful.

We drove back to our rental and weren't quite ready to end the night so we walked back to Journeyman for after dinner drinks.

Purple Rain.

Second fave drink of the trip!

Late night snack: Drier's whitefish dip (OMG) and crackers.

The trip went way too fast, but we had the best time.

We had to explore one more beach town before heading home.

Cuuuuute.

Brunch at Planks Tavern

The service was slow, but the food was AMAZING.

The Inn at Harbor Shores.

Being touristy. 

Wine tasting at Lazy Ballerina.

The tutus on the chairs though.

It's no coincidence beer rhymes with Cheer, ha!


There's no place like home.

I feel seen.

Good reminder.



Yes!

Lol.

This is funny because I've been there.

There is no in between. 

I really do wonder how they remember it all. 

Haha.


Happy fall ya'll!

This made me laugh out loud.

For more life lately:

Week 37 of 2019

Week 37 of 2020

Week 37 of 2021

No comments: