Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Life Lately: Week 37 (Part 1)

 This is what the past week looked like.

My go to breakfast since we did Whole 30 last month and I can't quit it.

This guy is just living his best life while I work next to him.

Sometimes I have to wake him up because he is snoring so loud while I'm in meetings, ha!

Lunch is my epic turkey sandwiches with cucumbers and an apple.

My peace.

I drink coffee while I do my quiet time in the morning before I walk Manny, but he gets a bit impatient. 

The heat is rising off the lake, noooooo!

I dropped off my closet clean out donations

Sushi with a sweet friend.

Gorgeous sunrise on the way into work.

The outdoor area to eat lunch makes me happy.

Black bean burger and sweet potato fries with a sweet coworker.

Our landscaper is still working hard clearing out all the shrubs around our house.

G was stalking on the Ring doorbell and said they took about five loads, eek!

This bacon, avocado, blue cheese, tomato salad is a forever favorite. 

Manny deep in thought.

My new luggage finally came and I'm in love.

Smoky sky.

Cheers to mom and Lindsey weekend!

@ Ghost Isle Brewery

It was last minute, but my mom and I booked a fun girls weekend to celebrate our birthdays.

We ordered the pretzels and beer cheese to start because OF COURSE.

We ordered the Aristotle (chicken, tzatziki, red onion, cucumber, feta, and grilled pita).

It was so good and I want to recreate this at home very soon.

Life IS good.

If I could turn back time.

When we finished dinner we realized sunset was in about ten minutes so we drove up the road to New Buffalo Beach for a stunning sunset.

I like big boats and I cannot lie.

Life's a beach. Sunsets make it better.

Sunset selfie.

Sunset in my hair, don't care.

Waves crashing on the beach is one of the best sounds on earth.

Beer Church Brewing

Proseccond to None.

Elderflower infused vodka, blackberry puree, prosecco, basil and lemon.

My home away from home for the next few days.

Our beer from Ghost Isle was hilariously large. 

Cute beach kitchen of our rental.

Summer is my favorite, but fall is my second favorite. 

Cheers to a great start to vacation. 

We rented the cutest house in Three Oaks (about ten minutes from New Buffalo). 


We spent each night on this couch relaxing after fun vacation days.

How fun is that red wall?


I love a good screened in porch.

Coffee tastes better on vacation.

I loved the beachy décor. 

Look at these mosquito bites I got last night, sheesh!

Exploring Three Oaks on our walk to breakfast.

"When you are reluctant to change, think of the beauty of autumn."

YOU are beautiful!

We walked to Oaks Eatery for breakfast and mimosas. 

The spinach and feta omelette was AMAZING.

The shopping was GOOD and this sweet pup had my heart. 

Love is why we are here.

Go for it!

@ Goods and Heroes.

Coffee is my love language. 

The history of Three Oaks is so interesting.

In 1883 a Three Oaks store owner, Edward K. Warren, had customers complaining about being jabbed by broken corset stays (made from whale bones). While on a buying trip in Chicago at a feather duster factory he noticed large quantities of turkey feathers being burned as waste. Warren learned these were wing feathers that were too stiff for use in feather dusters and he got the idea of using feather quills for corset stays and invented the featherbone.

His popular alternative to whalebone in the corset industry grew and his company expanded into most of Three Oaks.

Beach day at Warren Dunes State Park (named after... you guessed it... Edward K. Warren who donated this beautiful shoreline to the state).

Ominous looking, but it really was the perfect beach day.

Sunny and 80s in mid-September makes us happy girls.

We spent a few hours chatting, reading...

And swimming and it was perfection.

Long live summer.

This front porch makes me so happy.

We walked into town for our tour and tasting at Journeyman Distillery

Whiskey of the year.

Our tour guide was awesome.

We actually put our finger into this stream of straight liquor (before it goes through the final process and where the term 'blind drunk' comes from).

We each stuck our finger into the stream and it burned (not in a good way).

I started a trend with this photo because the rest of our group mimicked my pose, lol!

Inside of the barrel that the liquor is aged in.

Fun fact: EK Warren revolutionized the corset industry and was a prohibitionist (paying the local restaurants the liquor tax so they wouldn't serve alcohol!) and now his factory is a distillery!

I'm more of a wine drinker so drinking straight liquor is not my favorite (the burning!), but I did enjoy the gin, cider liqueur and the coffee liqueur. 

After the tour we walked over to Froehlich's Kitchen for cocktails (and piano music).

And spinach and artichoke dip, yum!

We headed back to The Journeyman Distillery for our reservation at Staymaker (coreset makers are called staymakers/a maker of stays).

History lesson.

We shared the brussels and mac and our server said she had a soft spot for us because that is what she orders here too.

Meanwhile G sent me this picture from home.

This is getting long so stay tuned for part 2 tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’m so impressed you could give away so much clothes. I know I have stuff in my closet that I never wear, but I keep onto it because just maybe someday I want it! Plus I have nothing left if I gave away the stuff that I don’t wear anymore! Lol.

How nice to be able to do a mother daughter trip!