Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Life Lately: Week 32

 This is what the past week looked like.

Working on the porch is my favorite (and Manny's fave too).

Girls night out.

Finally finished this book.

It was so long, but I had to know how it ended.


G's pesto pasta is so good on a summer evening.

And what a beautiful summer evening it was.

Sushi is always a good idea.

Why do they treat the lake on the hottest day of the whole week?

First world problems.

A favorite from vacation made a good afternoon snack...

I miss vacation!

I love this line from my devotional: 

"Be on the lookout for everything I have prepared for you: stunning scenery, bracing winds of adventure, cozy nooks for resting when you are weary..."

Stunning scenery on my walk with Manny.

Researching the Whole 30 program so we are prepared to start next week.

My shadow.

The sun is rising later and later...

Saturday was cool and rainy so we hung out on the porch and I read about making a vision board for what you want out of life on the Canva app and then saving it as your phone lock screen so you'll see it a lot.

I had a lot of fun playing around on the Canva app and finding pictures that inspired me.

I read a little bit.

Popeyes mac and cheese is legit.

Here is my final draft of my vision board.

Every time I see it I get so happy and excited to cultivate the life I want.

Last year was the year of my career and getting my dream job and I want this year to be my year of fitness/health and the year I get in the best shape by my 40th birthday.

I want to travel more, worry less, enjoy the lake, be present, be in nature, to succeed at therapy and work, and to eat cleaner, less processed foods.

Rain, rain go away.

A neighbor across the lake was hosting an event (wedding?) and they had live music that we enjoyed all afternoon.

I think Manny is thinking "where did summer go?"

Of course our hot tub died when it was the perfect weather weekend to use it.

We tried trouble shooting the issue all week and nothing worked so when the cost of a repair man was about half the cost of a new hot tub we just ordered a new one.

I use this thing every single evening so it's worth it to me.

Though I want to start being proactive and getting electrical set up so we can get a real tub when this one dies.

Meal prepping for Whole 30.

I found some yummy recipes and made a pretty good Pinterest board.

G took down the broken hot tub, swept and hosed down the area to prepare to put the new tub up.

Stocked and ready to start Whole 30.

Whole 30 is a lot of work up front learning about the program and stocking up so you're set up for success.

I know myself and making sauces and snacks put me over the edge so I stocked up on Whole 30 approved snacks and sauces from Whole Foods.

Last meal before we start the program.

Cheese and carbs, I'll miss you!

That ear though.

Creamsicle skies.

Yes!

Good perspective shift.

G and I pray for God to make us better together and do more good together than apart. 


So accurate.

I feel seen.

This is funny because I totally do this.



This resonated with me this week because I slept wrong and my neck hurt all week.

I miss Borders, you?

Funny because it's true. 

Great idea.

This is so good.



No need to get the dog involved, ha!



As a enneagram 5 G could relate to this.

Haha.

For more life lately:

Week 32 of 2019

Week 32 of 2020

Week 32 of 2021

No comments: