Monday, August 22, 2022

Life Lately: Week 33

 This is what the past week looked like.

We started Whole 30 this week to reset because we know we eat too much sugar and processed foods.

Our first meal was hard boiled eggs and strawberries.

Easy and delicious.

For lunch I made us lettuce wraps with mustard and turkey.

This guy with his nose to my Bible.

For dinner G made us sheet pan chicken and veggies.

Our dinner view wasn't terrible.

Manny looks deep in thought.

I started lighting a candle on the porch and I'm into it.

Days 1-4 we felt fabulous, loved everything we ate, and didn't feel deprived at all. 

Sunrise walks with M are a favorite part of my day.

I'm a fan of this dressing mixed into cauliflower rice, lettuce and leftover chicken from the night before.

Ta-da!

I was missing my Premier Protein something fierce so my SIL told me about these and they are a lifesaver. 

Salmon Bowls with cauliflower rice, carrots and avocado.

Peach skies.

Selfie after a successful presentation.

Day 5 was definitely the hardest and I really did want to kill all the things.

I was so grumpy and working a twelve hour day didn't help.

Day 6 I had a headache and day 7 I was just really tired.

Leftover salmon, lettuce, avocado and cauliflower rice for lunch.

Budget week (and a presentation!) meant I spent way too much time in my office.

Dinner prep.

G made the Fajita Beef Skillet from the Whole 30 book and it was our favorite meal yet.

Nobunny compares to you.

Leftover dinner packed up for lunches.

"People spend an average of 46.9% of their waking hours in fantasy, or mind wandering, rather than thinking about the activity in which they are engaged" (!!).

Source: The Joy Compass by Donald Altman.

Up before the sun rises.

Another day, another sheet pan meal.

Long live summer.

That ear though.

My SIL recommended using the original coffee creamer (above) as a substitute for heavy whipping cream so G made his famous beef stroganoff with that and cauliflower rice. 

The verdict? I loved it, but G wasn't impressed. 

Ball of fire.

Weekend coffee just tastes better.

Runny eggs over homemade fries? 

YES. PLEASE.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I didn't even miss the cheese.

Storms are coming.

That cloud is scary dark.

I finished this book and while it wasn't my favorite, it was still a great summer read.

Wild Saturday night.

These chips are legit!


Sunday funday.

It was supposed to rain all day, but it ended up being 83 degrees and sunny so we spent the day on the lake floating and swimming.

G made these epic burgers.

Powerful visual. 

"I do not have to earn rest."

Love that.

We love a good thunderstorm.

This is WILD.

It's so true, ha!

Mind blown.

For more life lately:

Week 33 of 2019

Week 33 of 2020

Week 33 of 2021

No comments: