Wednesday, May 4, 2016
I know I say this every month, but how is it May already? Time is just flying by! Spring is in full swing and I couldn't be happier. Lets see what I want to accomplish this month.
1. Make a craft. I know this is a bit random since I'm not a huge fan of crafting, but I purchased material to make a spring wreath after my wreath from last year SHATTERED. Yes, shattered. Who knew foam could shatter. So I'm determined to make another one since spring is in full swing and my front door is naked.
2. Lose five pounds this month. I need to lose five pounds a month from now until September to be at my goal weight for Myrtle Beach. I think that is doable so I'm putting it out here to keep me accountable. I just need to keep doing what I'm doing. Following my WW app, watching portions, eat four servings of veggies and three servings of fruit a day and workout three times a week. I'm also taking weekly progress pictures so I can look at those and not get discouraged those moments the scale doesn't move.
3. Plan a weekly date night with G. Since we no longer work together and get all that time in the car together and don't have the same schedule I've found we need to be more intentional about our time. We have started making every day when G gets home from work and starts dinner our "check-in time." To talk about our day and just have uninterrupted time together just the two of us. But I would also like to plan a date that is a bit more special so we can have fun and enjoy each other's company.
4. Enjoy the outdoors. Now that the weather is getting nice I want to truly embrace it. Sit on the deck. Dinners outside. Longer walks with Manny. Bonfires. After so many months stuck inside I want to be outside. Have the sun on my face. Enjoy the fresh air.
5. Cook one new recipe a week. I'm going to try this goal one more time since I failed last month. I just need to try one new recipe and I have so many I want to try. No bake protein bars. Spinach artichoke pizza. Mediterranean pasta. I need new recipes since we are eating the same thing so I need to just meal plan one new recipe mixed with our favorites.
What are your goals this month?