Where the heck did April go? Time needs to slow down. I'm excited for summer, but I'm not beach body ready yet. Lets see how I did this past month in accomplishing my goals.
1. Do The Shred three times a week. I did. I found it easier than I expected to bring fitness back into my life. And if I wasn't feeling The Shred I would go for a long walk or do The Biggest Loser Cardio Max. I forgot how much fun that video is and how great Bob is. Unfortunately the last week of April I got the flu and it's still holding on so I've had to take a break from working out to get better. But I miss working out and am itching to get back to it!
2. Follow the WW app again. I am back in it to win it. Summer is coming faster than I expected so I need to really buckle down. What I love about this app is I can still eat whatever I want. It's just about choosing what I really want and watching portions. G and I are also cooking a lot more and only getting takeout on the weekends which is a huge win for us.
3. Lose five pounds this month. I lost four pounds and I'll take it. It's nice to see the scale going down again! I just gotta keep on keeping on.
4. Host a girls' night. I missed my girls something fierce and was so happy to have them over two weeks ago. I love that even if I don't see them everyday we still pick up right where we left off. I can't wait to do it again!
5. Get in 10,000 steps a day. I have been getting my steps in. Now that I walk Manny in the evenings I'm not rushed to go to work so we can go for long walks and I try to get up and move every hour during the day and it's helping. I'm hitting 10k about 5 times a week and on the days I'm not hitting it I'm only a couple hundred steps off.
6. Cook one new recipe a week. I made the mistake of meal prepping on Sundays and planning five new recipes a week. Eek! Way too overwhelming so I wish I reminded myself about this goal and only tried to cook one new recipe. On the positive side we are cooking so it's still a win in my book. I think I just don't like cooking and as much as I try to make this goal something to embrace, I just do not enjoy cooking. I am excellent at grocery shopping, cleaning up after and keeping G company while he cooks. So it works.
7. Shop at Aldi. I am hooked on Aldi's now and I don't think I can go back to NOT shopping there. So many great deals, fun new products to try, no crowds, and everyone is just so friendly. Even G has been loving the Aldi brand oatmeal, produce, cheese and snacks. Score!
How did you do with your goals this month?